Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

I am going to Miss This Car!
By nursediesel

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Had this car since it was a 2002 and had to give it up after 8 years of ownership.
Nice styling, power and a comfortable ride.
Changed the oil ever 3K and pampered it.
Only problems were
Power Window Regulators (replaced 3 of them)
Chrome wheels began flaking and wouldn't hold tire pressure - had 4 wheels resurfaced $500.

Had to update the radio finally after CD stopped working

This car would have probably gone to 250K miles, but it began to nickel and dime me.
Latest quote was $2,000 for new struts and tranny was slipping a bit between 2nd and 3rd so it was time to move or have a possible money-pit starting.

Ice cold A/C, Smooth Ride, Power, Heated Seats, Styling

I Hate To Give It Up
By Art

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Mine just got totaled! Daily driver commuting to work from 12/99 until I retired 6/06. Since then occasional use only. Serviced at recommended intervals and Mobil 1 and filter every 3K miles. The ONLY repair it has ever required is replacing the drive motor on the driver's window and I live in a very icy climate that destroys power windows and windshield wiper mechanisms. It is the only vehicle I've ever owned that I can literally say I never had problems with it and it ran as well on the day it died as it did on the day I bought it. I kept telling myself that it was getting old and I should get a new car but I never found anything I liked better that didn't have a 3-pointed star.

I liked everything about it. Most remarkable feature is that you could fold the seat down and the thing practically became a truck.

I had to put drain holes in the bottoms of the mirrors because water would stand and freeze in winter. A short driver would have trouble with rear vision.

Woe is Chrysler
By boats

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I am laughing reading these reviews. I have literally had every problem listed: windows stopped going down; interior lights would not shut off; alternator needed to be replaced; motor fans stopped working; alignment is problematic; radiator replaced; battery (which is in a ridiculous spot) started leaking and burned hoses; and now, it is finally at it's death as the transmission is done. On a positive note, it does have 190,000k miles and if I did get the transmission fixed it might go 250k. But dang Chrysler! Come on!

Interior. Just a very comfortable ride.

Everything listed.

problems already..
By Hawk

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We just bought this car for our middle child.. Not alot of driving but daily use expected. Before purchasing i put this car through its paces; drove it hard, had it scoped twice then checked phyisically. No neg codes presentend but not all registered codes were recieved. Some kind of block in the link. Definite red flag!The car ran well and never showed complications. Once we got the car home the window in the rear stuck open. The interior lights above/front did not work anymore. Now none of the windows work fulltime and the marker lighting on the shift lever goes off/on. I would not recommend this car to anyone based on the electrical issues encountered in such a short period of time owned.

I own two of them
By 300 double owner

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

This is the only car in my life that I bought a second one of. Both are 1999 models and I bought them both used from original owners about 5 years apart. The most comfortable driving car I have ever owned by far. The same problems in both such as speed sensors going bad at the front of the transmission. Between the two cars I have replaced 4 of them. Over all I would call them very reliable. As of 10-09 one has 199,000 miles on it (and still going strong) and the other has 88,000 miles on it. A very stylish car. When I take cross country trips or any trips where I drive more than an hour I ALWAYS turn on the heated front seats. You would be amazed at how much better your back feels.