Used 2013 Chrysler 300 Base Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

What a car: BEST I've ever owned
By Kenneth McCaw

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

While more costly than any other car I've ever ownen it is worth it!

Luxuary Ride
By Curt Kinsman

Good looking and safe
By Chris Williams

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've never received as many compliments about a car as my 300 S. The vehicle was well-built inside and out and had the best seats I've ever ridden in. But what I value the most of about the car is the build quality. I was recently stopped a light at the end of an interstate off ramp. A full-sized SUV hit the ramp at highway speed, slid on the ice and smashed into back of my 300. My car was totaled, but I walked away unhurt. This car isn't just about looks.

Too many Major Repairs
By dustync

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I want to love this car. It has a very smooth and quiet ride, gets good fuel mileage and it Sparkles! But two issues makes it a Love/Hate relationship: First, the climate control has been doing it's own thing for some time now. Now and then it starts blowing out super-hot air, no matter what temp it is set on. Going back to the dealer for second repair. The front windshield is extremely pitted after only 34k miles! aerodynamics? cheap glass? ( I do not tailgate). At the current pace, I will have to replace it by 50k miles.

*update June 28 2016: I have owned this Chrysler 300 for a little over 2 years, and 45,000 miles. It has spent way too much time at the Dealer for major repairs. And getting the repairs made are extremely frustrating. Apparently, Chrysler does not like to acknowledge defects. My entire Dash had to be removed to repair a faulty climate control system. This was only completed after 2 prior visits, where I was told that the system was working per "Chrysler specs". And then the Transmission! Oh Boy! This started early on, maybe after just 10,000 miles, It was shifting quite roughly, sometimes not knowing what gear to go into.. and heavy clunking (like a bad U-joint on an older model car). Numerous complaints and visits to the dealer, just to be told that the mechanics found it within "Chrysler Specs". The car was recently at the dealer for 5 weeks (5/16/201 - 6/21/2016), waiting on a NEW TRANSMISSION. And I seriuosly doubt that my troubles are over...

A Lot of Car for the Money!
By dustync

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

As of 841 miles, I am very pleased with my decision to go back to American Made!
The 2013 Chrylser 300 is a pleasure to drive.

It is so very quiet and smooth!
More so than my 2011 Honda Odyssey van (that has been plagued with problems).
The base model does exhibit a bit of "floatiness", which is attributed to the smooth and quiet ride.
But it's not a negative.

Compared to most cars on the market, it has a lot of room, especially in the rear passenger area.
Wish it had more in the driver's area for big guys like me.

For me, buying the base model and adding fog lamps and O.E.M 20" custom wheels to a car that was already feature rich... made sense!
$28,400
...out the door!

Big Rebates for the 2013 enabled me to get the base model 300 with 20" custom Chrysler wheels, Michelin Primacy tires, and OEM fog lights, for only $28,400 (taxes,fees, everything!) My favorite feature is how quiet and smooth the car is. No Road Noise, no wind noise, just quiet! Which lets me enjoy the Sirius radio and my favorite comics. Oh... Wait! The door handles are all LED back-lit! So Cool, these little details are. Not so sure about the electronic transmission shifting...really weird, still not used to it, and dread the repair bill if it ever quits working!

Front seats are fairly comfortable, but after a few hours of driving, you start wishing they were a lot more comfortable. The interior is very nice, but it seems that the engineers quit working, just at the point of designing the glove box! It is clunky, does not fit well with the rest of the dash. It just takes away from the rest of the interior. A BIG improvement.. giving the consumer some 12v plugins, under the dash on both sides, for GPS units, dash cameras, etc. I hate having to run cables to the freakin' console! And one more thing, Chrysler should disavow some of it's Dealerships. My two worst buying experiences ever, have been at AutoParkChryslerJeep in Cary,NC