Used 2006 Chrysler 300 C Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Love this car!
By Josh

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice car. I've got 145,000 miles and it still looks new! The hemi is very responsive and has plenty of power when needed or just for fun. I get a lot of compliments and the design of the car is unique but not overstated. It is definitely made to drive swiftly on the highway but can still corner well for a vehicle that's as big as it is. With regular maintenance and minimal abuse this car will last a long time.

Major Issues
By gl2238

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First problem was Stalling on left turns after tank fill up.
Problem was deteriorating valve in fuel tank letting raw fuel enter intake manifold.
Tank had to be replaced.
After tank replacement, car had to be turned over twice to start, unless cold start.
Clacking noise from air re circulation control? has been repaired twice, once by Chrysler. It is clacking again and it can drive you crazy.
Park to Neutral lockout mechanism broke so car could not be driven. Override also failed.
This also was taken care of by Chrysler as a courtesy.
Hood and trunk lifting struts have been replaced three times.
They only last 6 months in the Las Vegas Area (high temp environment).
Monroe's seem to last the longest.
I have had the hood come down on me a couple of times so now I use a stick.
My wife had to go to the emergency room when the trunk came down on her head.
Before 50,000 miles, Rack and pinion failed and water pump failed.
I have been told by service that there cracks in some components of the front end?
We no longer can use the car on anything more than local driving.
The whole car should have been recalled.
On wet roads the back end spins out with little force on accelerator, especially on left turns????
Door handles brake free from hinge side. Can be fixed with GOOP, but is an issue.
Car is only used locally as there has been a major issue with every prior trip.
Over the last couple of thousand miles the car has been riding like it has solid wheels with a lot of road noise. Rides like a truck, obviously a suspension issue of some kind.
Tires are inflated to rated pressure as noted on spec sheet by driver door.
No trade in value or resale so stuck with lemon. A rotted one at that.

Awful to drive in the snow
By cosmo5976

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 300C I bought new in Nov of 05.
For the most part the car is a reasonable ok car.
Replaced a front strut and tires and that is about it so far. Car looks great with the Bentley grill and high speed feels like your floating on a cloud.
However, without a doubt this is the worse car I have ever driven in the snow.
Even with a light touch of the gas pedal reserving all this horsepower the car spins (including after I bought new high end tires for snow) and sways side to side.
In the past I have ventured out in the snow only to turn around because the security that I will be able to get home or get stuck is a constant on my mine.
Should have gone with the awd version.

Looks. Speed. Merging.

Buffer on the sunroof.

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.

Looks very nice and is a comfortable ride. The engine power is great when it worked.

The Hemi V8 5.7L engine was built to fail. Transmission failed on me as well.