Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Car is great to drive
By Tom

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 300C with 32,000 miles. Silver with updated grill and some chrome. Looks great, handles well. Suspension allows rapid cruising, does extremely well on windy roads for a car this size. Power is always there when you need it, tranny shifts smooth, geared ok for when you jump on it.Boston stereo ok but I will upgrade rear speakers soon. I like the large sunroof, lets in alot of air and light. I have always owned big cars with V8's and this one has not let me down, overall its a great package for the price.

Power, ride, great for highway cruising, fairly quiet interior until you punch the gas

speakers

Chrysler 300C Spontaneous Engine Failure
By KHerron

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was very satisfied with the overall performance and reliability of my Chrysler until the early afternoon on May 9th when the Engine decided that the parking lot of Osh Hardware Store was the place where it would decide to rest forever. I drove to the store fine and when I came out the car failed to start. I had it towed to the nearest dealership where the mechanic confirmed that that engine is completely gone. The pistons have holes in them and the valves are in pieces, it will cost $8,100.00 for a new engine. I informed Chrysler LLC about the issue and after confirming that the problem was not my fault they only offered to pay for HALF leaving me with a $4,000.00 bill

The Engine when it's working!

Build a more reliable engine! No feature no matter how innovative and cool can compensate for reliability. What good is 360 HP if the engine doesn't start?

I Don't Love It
By shehawken

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

10-15,000 miles in since I bought it at 40K. I'm coming off of a 9 year relationship with a '98 Bonneville so I'm a little biased but this is NOT the best automobile I've ever owned. The ride is all right, the fuel mileage is abysmal, it gets pushed around like a minivan in cross winds and the build quality is a little suspect (the brakes were completely replaced by the time I bought it at 40K, as was the climate control module. And recently 2 quarts of oil just disappeared from the engine).It's a little hard to see traffic lights (I'm tall) but I still just like to walk out and look at it. The styling is just fantastic. I'll take pictures because it might be the last Chrysler I ever own.

The leather interior, the wonderful lines of the car, the power (even from the 3.5L V6), the fact that I can open the trunk lid and water and snow do NOT pour inside (a problem in the Bonne). That my 6'4" frame can fit comfortably and someone can still sit behind me with legs.

Better build materials might be an idea- stuff is wearing out at a sad rate. (I get those phantom squeaky noises, too). Maybe steal an engineer from Honda to work on the gas mileage. I should not be getting better mpg's at 80 mph than at 45 mph.

Luxury, Performance, Coolness, & Quality
By Speedle

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have put over 39,000 miles on our 300C in the past 4 years. No problems at all. The Hemi makes it fun to drive and the hi tech goodies are easy to use. The Boston Sound System is absolutely the best car radio I have heard. Talk about value for your dollar. I usually trade cars every 3 or 4 years, but I can't come up with a good reason to trade this one.

Hemi-Performance. Rain Sensing Wipers. Body Style. Comfort and Leg Room. Quietness. Navigation. Sound System.

Improve quality of interior materials.

LOV my 2006 300 Limited
By Asim

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have been a proud owner of a 06 300 limited, it was love at first sight and obsession at first test drive. i regularly extract 30+ MPG on hwy and city is 17.5/18.5 MPG depends how u use it. its a real show stopper, and and head turner, it has this presence on the road which commands respect from other motorists.

the leather seats are phenominal, and the front loading 6 CD changer, bigass moonroof, 18" rims u name it and this beast got it. solid heavy doors and body, makes me feel very secure and protected. super quite cabin, many times i find my self at 95 MPH thinking i am doing only 75 MPH! so go figure

the quality of interior and dashboard could have been better.