Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Disappointed
By kcomstock

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The tires didn't last very long.
I hate the cruise control!
Very disappointed that my car worked great, and then stranded me. I find out that me along with 25,000k other owners have been stuck because car gets stuck in "Park" due to cheap plastic pin part not made from aluminum.
Chrysler won't do a recall.
I would like to know who to complain to.
It has cost me work time.
Very unexpected to have your car work perfectly then just not work at all.
I'm glad my college son did not take it as we discussed for his college admit day.
He would have been stuck hours away from home.
Chrysler wants to charge $500 for parts/labor for their mistake.
They keep this in stock because of so many!

comfort, ride and looks

The cruise control being easier, may be on steering wheel.

Cool looking car, nothing but problems
By sdrolz

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

my 2006 300 Touring has been great and horrible at the same time.
unfortunately the horrible is starting to out weigh the good.
I bought it for it looks and power.
At purchase time, 79,000 miles, it was a friends corp fleet vehicle.You can't deny it is one of the coolest looking cars on the road today. The V6 power is great, but the transmission is a pain, shifting is horrible (automatic).
ESP works very well, sort of clunky in its responsiveness.
Mechanical issues: front end rattling that nobody can seem to fix or id, broken tie rod, brakes:caliper malf replacd evry 20k. worst of all electrical: entire heat/air controls work sporatically, and headlights flicker off at worst time.

Looks cool. Good power and hwy mpg for a 3.5L (up to 24mpg hwy but 14 to 17 mpg CITY!) smooth comfy ride

build. mechanically something seems to go wrong every month. Fix the front end issues, sway linkage rattle. improve tie rod design. Improve transmission performance, shifting is delayed and seems confused as to which gear it wants to go into. Breaks, improve design and performance. when brand new work great, but get some miles on them and the calipers gunk up and freeze causing excessive wear and early replacement.

Hope it holds together...
By Betty

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 300 brand new. So excited, that was short lived. It started the night mare! Sunroof, had to be totally replaced. Then yhe transmission started acting up. In and out of the dealers. Finally they put in a new one, still isn't right tho. Waited weeks for the transmission, in the dealer more than out. Sad. So then, the tires wore out in about 16,000- 20,000 miles, kinda a tire recall, but I got stuck paying for them. Then at 30,000 miles on a trip a sensor goes out in Iowa. Never ending. Love the look but a Corvette is on it's way. Think twice before you fall in love with a 300! They have low resale and will empty your pockets!

The look

Better building quality overall. Motor, transmission.

Great value
By kgus

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 300 C three years ago as a "new"2006. Plan to trade it next week for a "new 2010". I'm getting the same vehicle with a few more options and AWD (I live in the Snowbelt). I've owned Cadillacs in the past and they don't have anything on the 300C. Tires were worn out at 44000, other than that, have had NO problems...never been in the shop but for routine maintenance. Gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 65mph. The fact that I'm buying another should say enough.

power, comfort, reliability, looks

visibility when changing lanes

Happy 300 owner
By lou bingham

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought the 2006 300 touring 2 and a half years ago, absolutely love it. It had 42,000 miles on it when I bought it, has 79,000 miles now, with no problems.It has the original brakes, I had them checked last month and their still fine. I live in Kentucky, three trips to fla & One trip to miss, I got 26 mpg, that great for a car this size. I hit a deer year & a half ago, and had to drive a rental, a 2009 Toyota Camry, it was awful, it only had 9000 miles on it but drove & rode like it had 300,000. My last two cars were Cadillacs, a Seville and a sts, the 300 has them beat, I love this car.

styling, ride handling, wonderful sound system, reliability

quality of leather seats could be improved, have cracks in drivers seat; and a small tear, have no idea how it got there