Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

GREAT CAR SO FAR
By viko1

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner. It had 40k miles on it when I bought my car. Now it has 112k , and only problem I had was the EGR valve around 85k miles....I had to get it replaced and the problem is fixed. Its not the best luxury car nor has the best performance. But you get what you pay for and it does the work. My friend thinks that it is better than BMW 335 xDrive, for the long highway trips..you go figure...If you take care of your car it will not fail or break ...IMHO American made cars are more reliable than the European cars...plus the money you spend at the mechanic/dealer is always less if you go for the American...be smart if you don't have a million...

Chrysler 300 Poor Choice
By drewcarr

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hi - I bought a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition with 63,000 km's on it. I bought the car from a salesman friend and he swore up and down that car never missed a service and was ultra-reliable. I have owned the car for just over two years (now has 109,000 km's) and have done the following since I owned it - replaced two front end ball joint and two front end control arms - replaced alternator - replaced battery - serpentine belt "exploded" had to be towed. The front left wheel bearing had to be replaced. ERG valve replaced.Knuckle joint is gone in the steering column. I can't buy the joint must buy the entire steering column at a cost of over $900.Air conditioning compressor replaced.LEMON LEMON

none.

Build a car that doesn't completely fall to pieces after 100,000 km's - this car may look cool but it will leave you penniless and disappointed. Plus Chrysler knew about many of these issues- especially steering column issues and stood by and did nothing. I can not state strongly enough to stay away from all Chrysler products as the company is a joke and no-one is laughing.

Awful to drive in the snow
By cosmo5976

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 300C I bought new in Nov of 05.
For the most part the car is a reasonable ok car.
Replaced a front strut and tires and that is about it so far. Car looks great with the Bentley grill and high speed feels like your floating on a cloud.
However, without a doubt this is the worse car I have ever driven in the snow.
Even with a light touch of the gas pedal reserving all this horsepower the car spins (including after I bought new high end tires for snow) and sways side to side.
In the past I have ventured out in the snow only to turn around because the security that I will be able to get home or get stuck is a constant on my mine.
Should have gone with the awd version.

Looks. Speed. Merging.

Buffer on the sunroof.

Love Hate Relationship!
By limopaul

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this car from the day I drove it home.
One owner black beauty only mod was a K&N drop in filter and I added a Borla exhaust system.
Hella fast and fun to drive. Well maintained and garage kept, used as a Livery sedan and purchased with about 93k miles. Replaced front strut assemblies and wheel bearings (pricey).
Car is nose heavy by design. All went well
without any issues until cruising in the fast lane at about 70mph Engine lost power without warning, barely made it off of freeway and car had died at the offramp. Stranded with clients in car 85 miles from home! Broken valve spring, bent valve and pushrod, Had heads redone and with tow bill about a $2500 breakdown. Sold it

Great styling and performance. High maintenance and repair costs.

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!