Used 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (75 reviews )

Satisfied
By Dave

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

At 41000 miles, I give Chrysler the thumbs up for this one. This car has been fun to drive. The tires don't last long but that is a result of the tire melting 425 hp. The brakes also make this car great. The brembos really bring this heavy car to a halt. Overall a great vehicle.

A true performance sedan
By Greg

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The Chrysler 300 SRT 8 takes performance too a whole new level. I previously owned a 300 C and I thought it was impresive but the SRT8 goes to another level. I love the sport/muscle car performance and also all of the luxuries of a world class sedan.

U connect Phone system

Interior Eurgonomics. The interior is nice but the instrumantation could be better.

My Hemi Is Bigger Than My Husbands
By Hemi Girl

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I'm parting ways with my SRT8 after almost 2 years. My employer is putting us back in company cars. It has been the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. From the day I drove it home I got thumbs up signs from drivers on the highway, people still walk over to talk about it when I'm gassing it up, I've owned Mercedes E class, Audi A6's and various other not so exotic cars but this car has been the best. I average 18 around town, get 21-22 on the hwy, never had a mechanical issue, original brakes, only second set of tires, we live in Minnesota and the traction/stability system kept us on track in the worst weather. Love the U Connect, the Navi, I have had some tickets too, its fast!

Black Met, U Connect, navigation, Xenon lights, huge brakes, power, looks, ride, flawless reliability. I kept my husband away from it. He's got a Grand Cherokee Hemi to play with! I'm really going to miss this car.

More power? Really I liked it the way it was, I don't need to manually shift it, the computer does fine. Tried manually shifting it to see if it accellerated faster, I don't think it made any difference. The leather on the driver seat is a little soft from the wear point of view.

You Gotta Have This Car
By jamesdtuttle

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2006 300C SRT8 from Carmax and am VERY pleased. The SRT8 has great luxury features (I compare to my Lincoln Town Car) and has superior features to the other 300s. The handling is superb, brakes are unreal, and the 6.1 hemi is the ultimate. An American muscle car V8 to the max. It has incredible throttle response, awe-inspiring power, and a delicious muscle car sound. Sedate and well mannered, it nevertheless will pull like a freight train heading into a black hole when you put your foot in it. Downsides? Compared to my Town Car, it's noisy. Gas mileage ain't in the stratosphere. Plusses? It sticks to the road like glue, has every luxury feature known to man, & HEMI!

Unreal Hemi power, great handling, superb stopping, excellent luxury features.

Mechanical limited slip, more power (you never have enough), better sound deadening.

Bang for dollar
By srt8

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my srt8 06 n ow for 1 1/2 years. All I can say is for the price it's the biggest bang for your Buck. I installed mopar lowered suspension kit, cold air, and exhaust. Big improvement over stock. I'm lucky enough to live not far from Hennessey performance engineering and the things they can do. Awesome. Have made numerous high speed test in West Texas, at 165 on smooth road handles good, but rough road at high speed better hold on, it gets tricky. Still lots of fun. Enjoy if your lucky enough to own one.

performance, fuel mileage of 22 at cruise set 85, looks.

High speed road handling, some electrical quirks