2013 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: 3cents per mile for gas+electr

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Review

3cents per mile for gas+electric+maintenance
By pjk2 on

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I've been buying cars for over 40years. The Volt is like no other. The smooth quiet power is nicer than any V8 I've owned.
I've had my Base Chevy Volt here in PA for going on 5 years. Three oil changes.. been to a gas station 5 times. I've used just 4.2 gallons of gas in the last year.. to go 8,300 miles of hard hilly stop and go city driving. I'm averaging close to 800 mpg since I owned the car!!
I have a wattmeter on the charger that indicates that the car is costing approx. 2cents per mile for electricity... $23/month.. use the range extender maybe once a month... but was sure glad I have the extender. It's nice to NOT have any range anxiety.
Been to the gas station 5 times in 5 years... already saved at least 200 trips to the gas station... three oil changes in 5 years... and the oil and filter are very easy to change myself. Have not had a single problem with this car.... feels extremely solid... still very fun and relaxing to drive. I paid $22,900 for my Volt .. not to often you can buy the best engineered car in the world(as per over 128,000 SAE automotive engineers around the world) for that much.

• Acceleration
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review