Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

I still love this minivan
By Kerri J

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan because of the 8 passenger capability. It has some minor issues like the cup holders are awful, and clearing snow from the windsheild is a nightmare due to design. We had a sensor light fuse that cost $400 to replace because of access. But despite all of this I had an accident and rolled this minivan with my 4 children and we all walked away with out a scratch. We are getting another one.

Better windscreen, all the snow falls in the hood. New cup holders.

My problem
By CHEVY_RIDER

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Venture for a little over 4 years. And have had nothing, but problems. Hub bearing has broken 2x since having it. 1x in first year. Sliding door does not stop if something is in between it. I should have checked the engine area more and would have never have bought it. Battery is cover by other parts as well as the air filter; things I've maintain on the other Chevy's previously. Window motor had to be replaced 2 yrs into having van. I love Chevy's, but I'm disappointed in the Venture. I bought for my sons to have room and trips, but it's a headache.

Space

All mechanical features, electrical functions,accessiblity for minor maintence to battery and air filters.

It Drives and Drives
By Drives and Drives

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this is with 24K miles on it, 3.5 yrs later it's at 115K+ and we have had very few complaints. Very reliable, comfortable, great mileage. Got from Raleigh NC to Allenton PA on one tank of gas, with a little to spare. Numerous long trips to the Midwest with no complaints and lots of comfort. Plenty of city driving, too. Basic extended model, no whistles and bells but it does the job. AC stopped working on level 5 this summer, and 4yrs old messed up the CD player with pennies, but other than a set of brakes and some new belts, tires, general maintenance, have been surprisingly happy with an American made vehicle. Would recommend it!

Folding seats, built in child seat

More latch positions on the 60/40 model--it should have at least 3! Cheap cupholder on the 60 side of the second row.

Personal Experience
By dmt1541

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We searched far and wide for the perfect family van and after owning this Venture for 2 years we are confident we found it. We love the ways the seats fold and move individually, they give you so many options. The gas mileage is great. We got 25mpg driving to FL with a family and luggage to boot. The integrated child seat is awesome, I just wish we had two instead of one. I'm a Ford guy myself, but this Chevy Venture is awesome. My wife and I wanted 8 passenger seating and we could only find it in the Chevy Venture (in 2005). Yah we have 3 kids but what if the grandparents or friends want to ride, 8 passenger is a must. We've had no operational problems and we're closing on 40,000.

8 passenger seating. individual seats in middle row fold. gas mileage. Overall comfort and practicality

More substantial cup holders. Standard power door on both sides instead of one. A little more horse power, but then goes your mpg I suppose. But I want both darn it (lol)

Underrated van
By uzbekbashi

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has performed more than adequately. Rides smoothly, swallows more cargo than previous SUV we owned and only cost $20,500 after rebates and discounts--saved $6000 over Honda Odyssey. True, resale is less now than other minivans but this matters only if you plan on selling it quickly. At 58,000 miles, only the rotors needed to be replaced and othewise no problems noted. Interior could be more high-class but we didn't buy this car for style but for basic transportation and it has fulfilled this function well. Even gas mileage is good--25-26 miles in suburban driving. Overall, very satisfied.

Gas mileage, durability, cargo space.

More sound insulation, stronger engine would be nice although gas mileage would surely suffer then.