Used 2002 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sunk Costs
By Henderson Family

2002 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car for our twins birth. They are now turning six. We have had an issue with every system of the car. We bought it with Onstar as a major selling feature. We were notified that due to a change in the analog, Onstar was no longer being offered. The electrical system is especially terrible. It is a gas guzzler.

The only hope for this car is the entertainment package.

Need better quality on the parts and major systems. Need better mileage.

Intake Manifold Leak / Blown Head Gasket
By Chevrolet Venture

2002 Chevrolet Venture Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2002. My wife drives it to work till now, and she has been using my own 2001 Venture to work now. I took it to Hogan. All they did advise me was to do an engine flush and replace the thermostat. I keep getting warm and cold from my heater even I have it on the higher at all times. I took it to shop, and hopefully will get it in a few days for the Manifold leak and blow head gasket. I have spent about $2,500 for the last couple of months. I will not own any more GM's vehicle in the future.

Interior is great and comfy. Exterior is good too, except I found two holes under the body in front of the rear tires.

GM's rust proof or protection stinks. I never had any Intake Manifold Leak or Blown Head Gasket for about thirty-years driving.

No complaints
By Telling the truth

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new. In 90,000 miles, I've only had to replace a power steering pump. Everything else has been routine maintenance. The original tires were noisy, but that's easy to fix. We love it, and don't know what we'll get when it's time to get something else. I think a lot of people just like to complain. Not everyone is having bad luck with these vehicles.

25 mpg on trips with a pretty full load. Ride quality on the highway.

Better tires from the factory, and better brakes, too. After upgrades, this vehicle's solid on both fronts.

Cheap
By Cheaply Built

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just had our 6th child so we needed an eight seater. Currently have a 1999 Toyota Sienna and love it. Just bought this 2002 Chevrolet Venture and we are shocked at the overall lower quality of just about everything in and on this van compared to the Sienna. Rattly, interior paneling that is just... cheap. I don't know how else to say it. Good thing is that we paid less for this van with 80k miles on it than we will be able to sell our Sienna with 155k miles on it. The bad thing is that I have more faith in our Sienna with 155k miles on it than I do in this van with 80k miles on it.

Inexpensive used car to buy because it's value drops like a rock.

GM should worry more about making a quality vehicle and standing behind it than they should be about making money today. If they would have done that when this van was built they wouldn't be about bankrupt today.

Seen better
By Gerald Tremblay

2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought that car in 2006 (4 years old) with 35000 km. First year had to replace front wheel bearings (500$, second year the front breaks (350$) amd this year had to rebuilt the transmission and replace the manifold casket as all the ventures sold in north america. Thought about changing but no value anymore so I decided to keep it for 2 or 3 more years.

AWD and electric sliding door

better engine