Used 2001 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Excellent Van

ILoveTheVenture, 04/11/2004
Warner Bros. 4dr Ext Minivan w/ABE Seats (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2001 Venture with 71k miles on it. We put about 4k miles on it so far and no problems or loss of power despite the high mileage. I merge with 60+ mph highway every morning from a dead stop into heavy traffic with NO PROBLEM. Feels like a car with an impressive turning radius despite the elongated van body. Fits in normal parking spaces too (some big SUVs barely fit). 30 gallon gas tank and good (23mpg) gas mileage means fewer trips to the pump. Seats are top notch, suspension is soft but gives you enough road feel to keep you involved, runs quiet, holds more stuff than I can fill it with, and has a great entertainment system. I love it.

No More Buy America

Jimmy911, 07/14/2004
Value 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car for just three years and 50,000 miles. I have visited Service Department for 8 times for repair job, the Computer chips, Ac, Left Wheel bearing, Cooling System, Battery Leaking, Air blower, and Ac again. It cost more than $3,000 after the factory warranty was end. I don't think I could handle this kind the troble any more.

Minivan Comeback

Felix, 04/26/2005
LS 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family. Handles like a car and good gas economy. Not too sure about the auto-daylights running all the time.

Next time, not GM

Mark Oveson, 02/01/2005
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is an OK car, but it really is not great. On the plus side, it has never broken down in the middle of Wyoming. But reliability is a real problem. In 65K miles we have replaced the air conditioning condenser ($1300) and a couple of brake rotors. The brakes seem to warp very easily. The car goes out of alignment easily. We have spent $2000+ in unscheduled out-of-warranty maintenance, which is too high for only 30,000 miles over warranty. Trim has a typically cheap GM feel. Styling is ho-hum and unchanged (again) for 2005. I figured I would sell it before it lost all its value. Whoops! Too late! I will buy a Toyota or Honda next time.

My 2001 Venture

Heavy, 03/23/2003
LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new in 2001 and have been very pleased with it. I previously had a 96' Plymouth Van and would have to say that the ride in the Venture is far superior. The gas mileage is better as well. I now have 26,000 miles on it and have had no major problems. I did have a couple of minor problems right after I bought it which I and the dealer knew about prior to purchase. The dealer quickly took care of these minor problems. I would have to say that my dealer deserves an A+ rating.

12345...9