Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Bad Chevy
By Bill

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

This has been the minivan from hell. GM put in a new kind of head gasket. The bad news is that it has to be changed when you get a coolant leak anywhere from 40,000 to 60,000 miles. All kinds of electrical probiems. Stay away from the Ventures. If you have one, Good luck. Mine is in the shop now. This is going to be the 4th alternator put on in a year.

Not too much

Make a better product

Great fuel economy
By jeepride

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

Had van since new. The interior parts are very cheap. The video system controllers kept popping out at times when accelerating. Dealer replaced them under warranty and they continued to fall out. I put adhesive strips behind them and they haven't fell off since. I pulled both front seats out the first week I owned the van to send them to an upholstery shop to add lower side support. Now much better. The leather seat surfaces wore a hole within 40,000 miles. My intake went at 42,000 miles. Keep an eye one your coolant level. The 100,000 spark plugs are meaningless with coils that only last 35,000 miles. Transmission shifts hard after 43,000 miles. Dealer charged me for a transmission flush ($300.00). Now bad again at 73K.

Video for kids. Great fuel economy. 19 city, 28-30 on LONG trips. Van is huge. 4X8 sheet fits in the rear. A/C system cools of van well. Power 3rd row windows.

Get better service departments. I'm tired of fixing their screw ups. Make coils and intake gaskets that last longer than the spark plugs. I would buy a new car but I feel like I am upside down with it even though I paid it off already. $4000 trade in? I'll drive this one into the ground.

My Venture Van is a Money Pit
By Thompson Family

2000 Chevrolet Venture LS 4dr Ext Minivan

From an appearance standpoint, I am pleased with my 2000 Venture, and enjoy driving it. As far as quality of the build, it blows me away how GM continues to flood the market with poor quality vehicles with embarrasing resale values. Among the mechanical problems I've had in my first 3 years of owning it (between 45,000-90,000 on the odometer): -Expensive leaking manifold gasket/coolant problems at 50,000 miles -Expensive ABS brake issues -Expensive front end & ball joint replacement -Warrantied sliding door Issues -Int. and Ext. electrical constantly flickers because of a short somewhere. - Fuel gauge always pegged on Full until the low fuel light comes on (then it shows empty)

-Ceiling computer panel (MPG, temp, Avg.MPH, etc), rear air, storage throughout

-Make a "Clear all" option on the ceiling computer panel (MPG,temp,Avg.MPH, etc) -Abandon the entire Dex-Cool concept -Unbury the battery

Love my Venture
By shanna

2000 Chevrolet Venture Warner Brothers 4dr Ext Minivan

I love our Venture van! We have had very few problems other than recall and regular maintance. This van is great on trips with children! We are up to 82000 miles and still no major problems with the van. We really like the versitility of the seats because you can remove one or more to accomadate your personal needs at the time, and I can remove them by myself which was not something I could ever do with the Ford van we owned previously!

Love the video system for the kids and OnStar which we have used a couple of times, I feel much safer knowing I have it.

Wish there was a console/drink holder between front seats. The pull down drink holder broke first year we had the van so need to do something different.

Too Many Problems
By ?

2000 Chevrolet Venture LT 4dr Ext Minivan

When new, towed back to dealer 3 times because it wouldn't start. Bad Ground. Two recalls on power door. New brakes with less than 20000 miles. Environmental air pump failure Out of warranty,$300+ repair. Sudden Transmission failure at 43000 miles. Chevy Paid even though it was 2yrs out of warranty. 3000 miles after rebuild, rough shifting & whirring noise, trouble with transmission pressure solenoid. Suggested it might be ROOT CAUSE of original transmission FAILURE. Fell on DEAF ears, $400+ bill! Leaking Plastic Gas Lines replaced. Another $400 bill. Car is 5 yrs old with 46600 miles. No longer sure of its reliability. Due for new exhaust system. Suspect Power Steering needs somethng.

Load leveler Air Pump

Accessable wiper blades in winter climates. Currently Unreachable when frozen beneath front hood below windshield. Larger LEDs to indicate when Air is On and when defogging rear windshield.