Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

should have kept our venture
By kevin

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle because our venture was getting high mileage on it. Worst purchase decision I have made-- but I do have a few bits of advise to share--to address the lack of center front console--wal mart has a console called a clutter cleaner for $39.95-- fits perfect--also a trailer hitch from a venture will also bolt onto this vehicle--lights flicker all the time steering column creaks constantly unless you shoot lubricant/silicone spray down thru the column sleeve-- I also found out that 235/65r17 tires will fit in wheelwells and this seems to improve the ride/noise issues from the 225/60r17 tires--it changes the speedo about 2 mph--I really don't like the vehicle overall

ease of entry into 2nd and 3rd row seats--

Venture had more storage and far better cupholders--these are way too shallow! Bring back the venture!

Mini Van
By Chris

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van right off the truck it still had the White plastic on the doors. My wife was so excited our first new vehicle! Right away starting problems let us stranded, then went through 2 alternators and a voltage regulator light still flickered. Then around 34,000 miles (3 yrs&1mo) the problems hit. Low oil press light, fuse pop to radio 4 times, 60amp fuse would pop controlling power doors and turn lights brake lights, then abs light and trac control light came on. We took it back to the dealer $300+ diagnostic later no issues could be duplicated out of warranty.. I hated this van for the last three months I owned it. I would never allow one of my friends or family to purchase one!

The look of the van!... as we drove off the lot in our new Denali. What a sigh of relief.

I HATE THIS VAN
By MADDOG_53

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded my 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 for this hunk of junk 2.5 years ago. I have never owned a minivan before and will never own another chevy van. The lights flicker all the time, had the front stabilizer bar replaced, the engine wont start half the time, the brake system is junk replaced the brakes 5x now at $167 just for the pads and only have 47k miles. I have more room in my 07 Ram 1500 quad cab and get about the same gas millage and it is a 4x4, had the steering column replaced, can't list all the problems we have had.

DVD, Rear Air, and brakes are easy to replace your self (sad to have that as a favorite feature) Exterior design

I want to get rid of this van.....
By L.Arellano

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has given me problems since day one... it continues to try to start after i turn the key, Chevy flashed something but not even a week went by and it still does it. ABS I had to have a sensor replaced they can't figure out why the ignition still tries to start on its own, I told them about my flicker lights, my mechanic says it has wiring issues, which Chevy denies... I want out of this van some way it will happen....

dvd entertainment for granddaughter

wiring problems, more comfort and room,

Dropped the Ball
By Famof6

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good overall. Blind spots are a problem, even when you try to check them. Always double-checking them just to be sure. CD player could be better. I like the ability to be able to take seats out for cargo space, but couldn't do it on my own. Definitely a two-person job. Keep taking the van in for creaking noise in steering column. Repair is temporary.

Automatic headlights, nice bright interior lights, double sliding side doors.

Luggage racks should be standard, as well as rear wiper. More leg room.