Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Love My Uplander!!!
By Lovin' it!

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We recently upgraded to an Uplander from our Chevy Venture, due to high mileage. We love everything about it and are proud to own a Chevy! One thing that impressed me was how much leg room there was in all three rows even with the captain's chairs in the middle. Plus the seats are nice and solid, so you don't sink in to them when you sit in them. The DVD is great for long trips and the fuel economy is GREAT! We love our Uplander!

Everything! But if I had to choose one thing it would be the comfy seats.

None at all!

So many flaws
By kitkat9376

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our Uplander has a malfunction in the sliding door that cannot be resolved, despite the best efforts of various mechanics at the Chevrolet dealership. The car often fails to turn over when trying to turn it on. The car is fine on the surface, but leaves much to be desired as far as being a quality vehicle. To correct some of the Uplander's problems the dealership sold us "computer upgrades" which did nothing and cost around $90 each.

DVD player

Fix electronic/computer errors.

A Big Disappointment
By Diane

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded our Venture due to high mileage. During warranty period,power door motors had to be replaced twice, along with stabilizer bar, and horn. Power doors and back lift gate never close properly and road noise was terrible. DVD sometimes didn't work. Rotors replaced at 20,000 miles. After warranty expired, trouble continued. ABS light came on - $500 for a sensor and then needed another $1500 for wiring? Braking always scary -grinding and shaking when stopping. Power rear vents would occasionally not close, and power doors would open by themselves. If it would work right the van was nice. Trading for a Toyota.

Space to seat kids and adults, DVD player.

Reliability, road noise issues

Run like the wind
By Scared

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst quality vehicle I have ever seen. It is dangerous (seat belt and tie rod problems) and GM should be sued. They know this vehicle should be recalled. I have 26K miles and is has been repaired for tie rods, steering problems, tire problems, electric window problems, interior is falling apart, doors would not close, seatbelts etc... We have replaced 3 seat belts and not one but 2 tie rods. I hope this vehicle does not kill any families! I called GM and they basically said tough luck (we can give you some free oil changes)!!

Please help people get rid of this dangerous vehicle!

should have kept our venture
By kevin

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle because our venture was getting high mileage on it. Worst purchase decision I have made-- but I do have a few bits of advise to share--to address the lack of center front console--wal mart has a console called a clutter cleaner for $39.95-- fits perfect--also a trailer hitch from a venture will also bolt onto this vehicle--lights flicker all the time steering column creaks constantly unless you shoot lubricant/silicone spray down thru the column sleeve-- I also found out that 235/65r17 tires will fit in wheelwells and this seems to improve the ride/noise issues from the 225/60r17 tires--it changes the speedo about 2 mph--I really don't like the vehicle overall

ease of entry into 2nd and 3rd row seats--

Venture had more storage and far better cupholders--these are way too shallow! Bring back the venture!