Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Worst minivan ever
By Chasm

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third GM van I have owned. We have had numerous problems with the power doors failing - either not opening at all, or not staying closed and requiring a manual close. The brakes wear out very frequently, and the front end will not stay in alignment. It has now developed serious electrical problems - short circuits are blowing fuses, and the power door motor wants to stay on continuously. Luckily our lease is up, we are returning the vehicle and will not buy another GM car.

I have completely soured on the car, so I have no favorite features. It does have a lot of cargo space however.

GM needs to design better cars - or get out of the business.

This van is a horrible waste of money
By Seashell

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle in Feb 2005 for $29,000. We thought it had everything heated seats, power sliding doors, remote start, leather, etc. However the one thing it doesn't have is reliability. In the first 10,000 miles I had to replace the brakes and rotors twice, then the passenger side sliding door is broken, the glass on the passenger window fell into the door, the alternator needs to be replaced, it handles like absolute garbage. I am so upset that I am still making payments on this vehicle as well as making repairs.

GM should go bankrupt. They need to start over again.

A fantastic Value
By Bob Thomas

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this vehicle, I was looking for a Buick. But I saw the Uplander just off the truck and I was impressed with the look and price! The Uplander ride is smooth like a quality car, not like a truck. I recently replaced tires and other than routein maintaince, I have had no issues. Lots of cargo room. Seven can ride very comfortably. Uplander is a great value, no doubt!

A winner
By pops

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent minivan -- smooth ride, quiet, decent handling, adequate power, good economy, great styling inside & out. Not as great seat comfort, middle row legroom, antiquated 2nd and 3rd row seat movements.

Great Deal on a Great Van
By Scott

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van after finally deciding a minivan was for us. We test drove them all and knew this was the right one for the pricing and options. We took it for its maiden voyage of 1000 miles of mountains and rain with no problems averaging 22 MPG. It's plenty powerful, handles well, looks nice, and is full of enough features to keep everyone happy. We test drove 3 Uplanders and one Terazza and all had a strange low speed clunking sound from the front end. Hope this is not a failure waiting to happen. Also, there are some minor rattles here and there but nothing overwhelming. Our key remote is slow to lock and unlock the door but hope its just the battery. Great experience and hope for more

DVD, wireless headsets, leather/cloth seating, overhead storage compartments, information center, cool gages, Best power we tested, power doors, plenty of cup holders, 110v plug, stowage of headsets, reclining seats, 500 mile range, good gas mileage, rear power windows, value!

Better armrests, less rattles and clunks, more door storage, rear hatch difficult to shut, rear sensor beep instead of lights and more then 3 mph for it to work, no memory seats, power doors kind of noisy, better fuel millage, throttle response could be better, less road and wind noise,