Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

162K Miles and still going
By momtaxi3

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van runs great but it has all kinds of little issues.
I have to push the gas to start it; however, it does have 162K miles on it so I expect that.
The turn signals and radio only work when they want to.
My headlights dim on their own and the automatic sliding door gets stuck all the time...it sometimes dings constantly!
It gets horrible gas mileage.
The seats aren't very comfortable and stain easily.
The rear windshield wiper doesn't work at all.
With that being said - it runs great.
There is nothing wrong with the engine...it just keeps going and going!
I'm positive I will get at least 200K out of this vehicle.

Too Many Problems
By JesusisLord

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has too many issues. We had to disconnect the electric side doors because the alarm would ding even when the doors were shut. Lights flicker and A/C goes down when you let off the gas pedal. Tires have to be replaced every year to year and 1/2 even with alignment and rotation done. Seats stain badly. Rotors warp frequently. ABS light comes on frequently. Gas sensor does not work properly. It says it is empty every time I fill up and the service engine light comes on until I travel around 100 miles or so and it starts working and the light goes off. Seats and dash are cracking. Radio doesn't work sometimes. I would not buy it again.

DVD Player

Decent Vehicle
By zippywafflehead

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the van 5 years ago new. We have had problems with the auto sliding door, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can disable this feature though and use it manually. The vehicle has been extremely reliable though. We have never had any major problems with it. We have replaced the tires and brakes, but then again, we have owned the car for 5 years. The kids have enjoyed the DVD player and we have gone on long trips in it with no problem. I do wish that the second row seats had arm rests to make the ride more comfortable. The material on the seats could be a little nicer as well for the price I paid. Other than that, no real interior room complaints.

Reliability, options for the price

Closed storage instead of a storage tray and arm rest for the second row passengers.

100K and still going
By Peter T

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just passed 100K in Dec. '09. Had a bad ABS sensor this last year and the goofy cup holder under the stereo console has been broken almost since the initial warranty ended. Sometimes you have to touch the starter several times to start it but my wife and I have heard the same sound as others attempted to start their GM cars when we walked by. For a low end auto we have been absolutely pleased. This was our first new car in 15 years of marriage and as we traveled from SC to FL to IL to AZ to CA we have been very glad the majority of problems have been as expected ( brakes, tires, etc. ).

DVD is nice on long trips.

Worst Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By John

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having driven Chevy’s my entire life, it’s safe to say I’ll never own another after this experience. I’m convinced that anyone who has anything positive to say regarding this vehicle must be a representative of GM. I have countless small complaints (doors not working properly, door panel coming off, dvd not working etc) but I’ll stick with the major issues. At 40,000, the engine blew because the timing belt sprocket came off the crank shaft - $6000. Last week the driveshaft literally fell out of the transmission - $1100. These problems are unheard of for a vehicle with less than 50,000 miles. Mind you, this vehicle is used primarily by my wife for trips to the grocery store, not offroading.

I'm too angry to think of any... perhaps that it hasn't started on fire (with my family in it).

DISCONTINUE