Skip to main content

Used Trax for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

I cannot Espresso enough how great my Trax is!

Michele, 02/15/2016
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

By the way, Espresso is the color of my Trax. I was going to get AWD with Buffalo winters but I went for more features instead. I feel like I have AWD, this SUV is awesome in the snow and ice. Not to mention the acceleration and how roomy this SUV is. I saw it at the Buffalo Auto Show 2/2015 and purchased it 8/2015...VERY HAPPY :)

ad labelAd
15 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
See current offers on the Chevrolet Trax
View Offers
Chevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.

Still a Great Little SUV -- Three Year Update

Someoldman, 07/14/2015
updated 01/21/2020
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This little crossover/SUV continues to be the best, easiest to drive, most comfortable subcompact vehicle I've ever owned and driven. Entry and exit are easy and visibility from the driver seat is superior. Rearview camera which activates on shifting to reverse is quick to activate, and offers a good look behind before and while backing. Seats are chair height comparing favorably to any SUV on the road today. Not sure why some reviewers have knocked the acceleration of the 1.4 litre turbo or the 6 speed auto transmission. I cannot find fault with either one, unless of course, I had just driven a $75,000 BMW and expected that kind of power and response from a Trax costing a third as much.... It is a compact car with a small motor and should be treated as such, especially when heavily loaded with several passengers and their gear. Could use a bit more power for merging acceleration on short interstate highway ramps. Storage areas are numerous but small; lack of a passenger center armrest, or a shared center armrest/console is a definite oversight. It should be there, or at least available as an option!! I enjoy driving the Trax... and so does my wife (it's Her daily driver)... definitely not a sports car, but handles well at reasonable speeds; the AWD is seamless, and inspires confidence in winter snow. Never had a better car, and have owned some great ones. I'm a car guy who has owned over 40, driven the rest... I continue impressed with the little package GM put together. Long distance drivers should give consideration to the sometimes nervous, unsettled handling inherent in a taller, short wheelbase crossover during windy interstate highway conditions (my only serious gripe so far) This little vehicle has been great for our purposes from day one until we traded for 2018 Chevrolet Equinox after three full years, and my opinion of the Trax did not change Personally, we like many others drivers, could do without the touchscreen radio and all the tech bells and whistles - Ultimately distracting and not a good tool to use while driving at speed or in town - is there any situation where taking eyes and mind off the road would be a good idea? I think not ever. Chevy Trax?? Takes a little getting used to, but would buy another one with almost no reservation. (As soon as they put a center console between the front seats!)

Not Recommended. Very Poor Quality and Unreliable

Unhappy GM Trax Customer, 09/21/2019
LS 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It amazes me to see all these 4 and 5 star reviews as those that have can consider themselves extremely lucky that they have not encountered problems. Purchased this car used in Jan 2019 with only 60K miles on it and have had to take it in 5 times in 7 months with *major* issues. The last two times it had to be towed backed to the Dealership. There are *Numerous* complaints filed on the NHTSA.gov website with many customers experiencing the exact same issues that we have and I encourage everyone to review those complaints before purchasing this vehicle. We have been lucky that the issues we have encountered have not resulted in an accident but others experiencing these problems have not been so lucky. Our issues: Brakes fail - Press on pedal and it goes to the floor. - In our case, dealership replaced "Brake Vacuum Switch" but claimed this was not a warranty item (normal wear and tear) so required to pay full price for repairs. That was less than 2 months ago and brakes have been working OK since that time. Others have reported this exact same issue that resulted in accidents. Oil smell when engine is hot that comes through the A/C or Defroster when running - GM / Dealership won't recognize problem nor fix yet others have experienced that same problem. I reported it again when our Trax was just towed back to the Dealership for another problem. Smoke coming from engine - Dealership replaced Turbo and Turbo pipe due to crack in pipe. Loss of power and shaking when driving. - Current problem - Vehicle will loose power, fails to accelerate, starts shaking, Check Engine light will come on, Traction Control light will come on, OnStar will send multiple notifications - Check Service Interlock Braking System - Check Tracking Control System - Check Exhaust Emission System NOTE: This same problem was reported to the Dealership within 3 weeks after we purchased the vehicle. They could not replicate it but replaced the rear hub bearings as they were growling. Not sure what rear hub bearings have to do with "loss of power" and "engine vibrating when idling" but it did not fix the initial reported problem as it has been experienced numerous times since. This time the car started idling very rough when sitting in the driveway. Tried to drive it to work and had to turn around and return home as it lost power and was shaking. Could not accelerate vehicle, Check Engine light was *FLASHING*, not just solidly lit but *FLASHING*. Called Dealership and vehicle was again TOWED. This exact problem has been reported by others on the NHTSA.gov web site and other sites.

Love it! Still do!

Jackie, 04/19/2016
updated 04/24/2017
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a 2014 Cruze, and I loved it. We drove 23000 mile in 2 years. Just bought my Trax two days ago and the Trax is so much more comfortable getting in and out. I have had back problems getting in and out of the lower sitting cars. It has the same motor as the Cruze but the Trax seems a little more peppier. I did some research on the Trax and it seems 50/50, either you love it or you hate it. We love ours can't wait for our next road trip. Take it for a long test drive, do your research and decide what you want before you go to the dealership and feel pressured. I did make one compromise and that was the color and i can live with that. It's been over a year and still driving the trax. Been to California a few times.. and went through winter and I would say she did pretty darn good.

I'm in love!

Ariel, 03/04/2016
LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought my Trax yesterday, I gave up my Mercedes to be practical. I was afraid of looking like a mom (no offense to mothers, mothers make the world go 'round) because I was so used to the "status" of the Mercedes. The Trax is so luxurious inside that I decided to go ahead and trade the Mercedes! The features inside make me feel so fancy (I got the LT Plus package) and the leather trim and 2-tone brown and black interior are beautiful. I drive all day long for work and this car is so easy to maneuver and park, and it picks up quickly. I read many reviews that dogged on the speed of the Trax but it picks up faster than the Mercedes did so I'm not sure what they're comparing it to. If you want an SUV and to be wise financially, this car has amazing value for the price!

12345...9