2015 Chevrolet Trax Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Trax - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

Good but not great
By CarFan13

2015 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Trax was one CUV I wanted to love, after test driving I passed. In 2013 I test drove an Encore and loved it but the price was too much. Fast forward to 2015, I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel of the Trax. First, the LT model is just shy of $25k which is a lot considering its lack of features at this trim. Get passed that then there's the interior which is made of hard designed plastic, which again feels like a much more inexpensive car than a mid $20k CUV. Controls ultimately felt cheap and toylike. Driving it, isn't a bad experience, toss able and somewhat fun. Still needs a larger engine with more power though. Transmission shifts pretty well but the car struggles when accelerating. Seats are probably ripped straight out of the Spark( no offense to the Spark) which are not very comfortable and there is only one narrow armrest for the front passengers. This CUV is probably the smallest of the group. The back seats are cumbersome and require folding the bottom cushion first, then removing the headrests, and then you may fold the seat back. Tech? Decent even good at times, Mylink is a great system. Overall, I'm sure anyone would be happy with it but ultimately it falls short of its competition. My advice? Drive them all then make your decision.

Zippy and fun to drive
By Jesse

2015 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been on the lookout for a small Suv for yrs. I gravitated towards a Buick Encore by my Trax LT AWD has the look and comfort for less. It's remarkably quiet and the interior plastics look durable and are nice. I can't believe how smoothly this small suv drives. The Bose stereo system with a spare tire mounted Subwoofer sounds strong and the car has been used on a few road trips (5 hrs plus on the road) and the drive is not fatiguing. The leatherette and cloth seats in the LT are ideal, very comfortable/breathable for the summer heat. See the USA in A Chevrolet! Great job Chevrolet!

Love it!
By Jackie

2015 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a 2014 Cruze, and I loved it. We drove 23000 mile in 2 years. Just bought my Trax two days ago and the Trax is so much more comfortable getting in and out. I have had back problems getting in and out of the lower sitting cars. It has the same motor as the Cruze but the Trax seems a little more peppier. I did some research on the Trax and it seems 50/50, either you love it or you hate it. We love ours can't wait for our next road trip. Take it for a long test drive, do your research and decide what you want before you go to the dealership and feel pressured. I did make one compromise and that was the color and i can live with that.

Do your homework and drive other cars.
By Kelly Rodacay

2015 Chevrolet Trax LS Fleet 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't spend the money on this make and mode. Do your homework. I had a pushy salesman and the interior quality is all plastic, marks up and the seats do not even adjust much. New tires cost a fortune because they are a hard size to find. I couldn't drive it in the snow. I had no traction and the car went off the road many times. No room in back seat area. You get a better ride and room in a KIA. Should have shopped. Buyer beware.

I'm in love!
By Ariel

2015 Chevrolet Trax LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought my Trax yesterday, I gave up my Mercedes to be practical. I was afraid of looking like a mom (no offense to mothers, mothers make the world go 'round) because I was so used to the "status" of the Mercedes. The Trax is so luxurious inside that I decided to go ahead and trade the Mercedes! The features inside make me feel so fancy (I got the LT Plus package) and the leather trim and 2-tone brown and black interior are beautiful. I drive all day long for work and this car is so easy to maneuver and park, and it picks up quickly. I read many reviews that dogged on the speed of the Trax but it picks up faster than the Mercedes did so I'm not sure what they're comparing it to. If you want an SUV and to be wise financially, this car has amazing value for the price!