2020 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

$29,800

Save as much as $4,788
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

From a Lincoln to a Chevy

Raymond Stewart, 11/16/2019
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

If you have heard the rumor that Lincolns are a very smooth ride, with decent mileage and pretty good on service, you heard right. What you also need to know is that the Chevy Traverse is, in my opinion & experience, as comparable in the ride & the service, with one distinction, much affordable than the Lincoln!

LOVE MY CAR!!!!!

Ggutierrez43, 12/26/2019
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This car has been amazing to my family! Love the captain seats and all of the spacious room it has! This car has a smooth ride, heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated side ,mirrors, auto start, auto locks and windows, cameras, lots of safety features, and lots of room for the whole family! Were in love with the new 2020 Traverse!

Great crossover SUV without going to a barge.

DEF, 01/08/2021
LT Leather 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I read some of the "negative" reviews, and feel some buyers did not do their research or a proper test drive. This is a comfortable large suv with good sightlines and great road holding. Steering weight and vehicle tracking is darn near perfect. Not too light, not too heavy. And the Traverse holds a straight line without constant little adjustments, something I found very annoying in a Hyundai Palisade I test drove. Cargo space behind the third row is good, with the third row folded, it's very large, and with a both rows folded, it's positively huge....almost 100 cubic feet. It has a real transmission, 9 speeds, and shifts effortlessly with no hesitation and no clunks. I have owned several brands of suvs including Subaru and Toyota Highlanders. Both were high quality vehicles. The Traverse is the best vehicle I have ever owned. After only two days, everything was intuitive. The infotainment/information system works very well. The Sirius/XM radio (Bose system with 10 speakers) is audio pleasure. One of the reviewers thought the Traverse was very difficult to see out of. She stated she was 5 ft 5. I'm six feet and actually believe the view out the front and all around the vehicle is excellent. I have no problem changing lanes left to right, and being able to confirm that there is nothing in the blind spot. The BSM is fine, but all of them only light up when a vehicle is very close. I can easily check visually with no problem whatsoever. Seats are very supportive and comfortable even on a long drive. Armrests are positioned properly. Remote start is a plus in our cold western NY winter, and the Traverse heats up fast and provides could climate control options. Cell phone paired effortlessly, and the garage door opener button was also easy to activate. If you are looking for an suv with a large cargo capacity, I don't think you can find better than the Traverse. You can seat 7 or 8. I have the second row captains seats. I also recommend the leather interior. Drive it and decide for yourself.

Ad
Build Your Traverse
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 9 Trims
  • $29,800starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

No other SUV can match the ride!!

Brenda Masullo, 11/02/2019
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We bought our new Traverse at Stocker’s Chevrolet. We owned one since 2017. It gives us one heck of a ride! Love it!!

Great ride, lacks in features....

BuyersRemorse, 11/25/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

And no matter what Chevy wants to tell you, those are now cupholders on the 2nd row doors. The lack of cupholders in a 7 passenger SUV is irritating at best. The fact that only the driver window is auto up and down is also irritating as is the fact you cannot shut off the auto start. I have been in base model Hyundai cars that have these features. Being in a Premier trim level Traverse and not having auto up on the windows is embarrassing. All in all it is a nice ride but there are a lot of little things that add up to that fact I cannot wait to get rid of this car and wish I had gone another direction.