Used 2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Good luck keeping up with traffic
By Emilioal

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First off this is a boring car. That said, I hate driving it especially if one of the tires are low which you can feel every side to side motion which makes it a little difficult keep straight at freeway speeds. That is if you can make it to freeway speeds without the sluggish engine roaring in pain to keep up to the car in front of you. I honestly HATE this vehicle don't know why I still have it

It's a minivan without sliding doors.
By Kirk

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When you have a family of eight it is tough finding a vehicle that will fit everyone and everything without getting a second mortgage on your home. So you settle for a Traverse. During your first trip you realize that you need a car top carrier. The trunk is tiny. Blind spot is bad so make sure you've got the blind spot mirrors installed. Finally the seats, hard as rocks and the upholstery isn't very soft either. What's up with the crazy headrests too? Save your money and check out the higher end Traverses.

2014 Traverse
By John

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 4dr SUV AWD w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was a LTZ loaded with all wheel drive. I was comparing it to my2009 Traverse FWD and it seemed slow and down shifting for slight hills . It rode and handled better . We decided to buy a2018 Traverse

May not get another
By Kevin Curtis

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The evaporator core was replaced and 1 yr and 2 weeks later it is leaking again. Dealership that replaced it said that after part should have been replaced at the same time. Now they want another $1100 to fix it right. Now all the dash lights, radio and a few other things randomly turnoff and on.

Always wanted one until we bought one!
By Brad

2014 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We always wanted one of these, saw one as a demonstrator (had 5000 mi on it) on the dealer floor, made an offer and voila, we owned a Traverse. It looks great on the outside but here are the reasons we want to get rid of it. First, I am tall and seat is all the way back so that may affect some of these comments.1. Instrumentation hard to see in corners - cluster and center stack are both affected. 2. Controls are just touch with no tactile feedback when you push them. Some times they work, sometimes they don't. 3. Fuel Economy - about the same as my 2017 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 (shameful) 4. Thought rear HVAC had a short in it, until we figured out it was our elbows turning it on from the rear seat control at the top of the Armrest area 5. Headrest is forever ratcheting forward and pushes on our necks. You have to keep resetting it manually. 6. Seats uncomfortable and have awkward motion. 7. 3rd row seating is unusable. You can't get back there to buckle in a car seat and adults - even short ones forget it. You have a 4 year window for younger kids. 8. Transmission is notchy and hunts at times. I thought I blew it up once. Dealer says its normal. 9. Handling very unstable, especially at highway speeds and with road undulations it can be a handful on corners. Dealer says this is normal too. Fit and Finish are good, but really this is the bottom of the segment as far as I am concerned, with the exception of the most ugly Ford Flex. Nothing could forgive that. [non-permissible content removed]