Used 2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Nice SUV
By J Leftault

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Back to the Drawing Board
By Shirley Williams

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my "Brand New" 2011 Traverse in July 2011. Between 2013 & 2014, I have had the radio replaced, the back windshield replaced (2X), a back signal bulb, a front bulb, all the switches that control the electric windows, complete set of new tires, and in May of this year, 2015, I had to have a new engine along with a new coil and these items are not part of the number of recalls that have been issued. Now my breaks are squealing when I apply them and my gas needle isn't registering correctly and of course another recall on the automatic lift for the trunk area. I'm so sick of this vehicle and all its issues. Before I purchased my Traverse, I had a used 2002 Dodge Caravan that didn't give me any problems. Had I know buying "NEW" would put me in this predicament, I would have kept my van. At least if something on it needing fixing/replaced, it wouldn't matter so much because it was used. Who would have thought with all this technology that you have so much problems with a supposedly New Vehicle?

Buyer beware!!!!
By Alps_112

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 traverse for 3 years. Once the vehicle hit 50k miles it was downhill from there. I had to invest in a $1400 powering steering rack. I took the vehicle In for what I thought was a minor leak and $1400 later the car still doesn't handle/drive well. I am now starting to have suspension problems. I do not understand how GM can get away with having these vehicles on The road with known problems. I've read hundreds of reviews with people experiencing the same type of issues. Do not waste your money on GM vehicles. What I thought to be a good crossover for my family of 6 turned out to be a nightmare.

Extremely Disappointed!`
By Karol Kendall

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2011 Chevy Traverse has been nothing but trouble. As others in this forum have stated, the front defrost does not work correctly. We live in a cold climate and the heater quit working. The first time we had a problem with the Stabilitrak, we took it to the dealer who said "they could find nothing wrong". After two more times of experiencing "reduced power", we took it in again. I experienced reduced power from 70 MPH to 40 MPH on the freeway it was extremely dangerous since I was accelerating in the left lane and had to try to work my way through traffic to exit the freeway, missed an important meeting and now the vehicle has been at the dealer for repairs, needing a new throttle body. This car continues to be problematic. None of the dealers who have worked on the car have been able to fix the Stabilitrak problem. We have spent quite a lot of money, but the problem continues. As soon as we decide what type of vehicle we want, we are getting rid of this car.

Looks good, spacious interior. Not real impressed overall.
By scole134

2011 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Traverse for less than a year & I'm dying to trade it in for something else. I love the look of the Traverse, but after owning one for a while now, the disappointments keep adding up. For one, it's horrible to drive in cold weather. It handles great, but the front defrost is the most useless thing ever made. The vent is like a foot wide & doesn't seem to blow outward at all. I can let the car warm up for a half hour & still have to scrape the sides of the windshield. Also, the heating system is flawed. When I change the temperature, it doesn't actually change, sometimes taking as long as 20 minutes to go from cold to hot. And now the check engine light is on because of a sensor.

Outside appearance, very spacious interior.

A wider vent for the front defrost or a vent that blows outward so the entire windshield is defrosted, not just a tiny spot in the very center. Recall the blend door actuators as multiple people have had issues with the heating/air conditioning system either getting stuck on one temperature or getting stuck only being able to blow air from certain vents.