Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

I love the Traverse
By Mrs. Smitty

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had to chime in and defend my Traverse. We have had the car for one year now and we love it. It's a very comfortable and quiet ride. We have not experienced any of the rear end noises others seems to be having. We have two kids and a dog and love the flexibility of the seating - we can haul 5 kids and a dog, or a bunch of lumber. The sun roof is a nice feature although we don't use as much as I thought we would because of the noise and wind (we do a lot of highway driving). My husband and to talk me into an SUV - but I'm glad that he did. We test drove the Flex and some other vehicles similar to the Traverse and found the Traverse to offer to most style and value for our money.

Deep console storage, able to flip down some of all of seats, back hatch opens and closes with touch of button on key fab or on hatch.

The rear bucket seats could be more comfortable - they should be able to recline a little. Makes it hard to snooze on long trips.

2ndRowMidSeatUnusable
By mcspat

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in order to carry a crowd. The middle seat of the second row is unusable for more than a few blocks unless a small child is using it. Even a thin person will have the seat belt boring into their hip very uncomfortably. I have had it in to the dealer and they said that it was a design flaw and nothing could be done-- their words exactly. I just went and sat in the 2010 and it is the same way.

1 year and quite happy
By Gfi

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With about 13,000 miles, have not been back to dealer except for oil changes. Still very tight with no rattles. The car is very comfortable around town and on the highway. I get 24.7 on road at 72 mph. Around town, I get 20-21. Not bad for a comfortable, roomy, safe vehicle. I remain happy with this domestic car after more than 20 years of Hondas and Toyotas.

Back up camera. Dual sunroofs.

Like in my first review, a more seamless iPod connection would be a nice touch.

Like it but I dont love it
By Daphne

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my certified 2009 Traverse. I am already thinking it's time to unload the truck. I think I need to purchase a 2010. The truck is making a whining noise that sounds like the power steering. I also noticed that the brakes tried to lock up this weekend. Last but not least, the dealership has inspected my car 2xs already. Today, will be the third time. This is costing me time and money. I haven't received my tags yet and the 30 day tags they issued expire tomorrow. I think its time to stop being nice. I do like the ride, the room and I'm proud to drive and American made vehicle.

Drive, cargo space and the room.

improve quality

Give me better gas mileage and quality
By Brian

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the vehicle, however it has not been without problems. One of the A/C ducts were inoperable and needed to be replaced. Next, the engine light kept coming on, ended up having to have the timing chains replaced. Gas mileage is not what was advertised. Struggle to average 17 MPG. Driving is pretty much a mix of hwy/city with slightly more city. Aside from those problems I do enjoy the drive, handling, interior design, storage space. It just stinks that I've had to deal with these problems, now my concern is longevity, will the vehicle hold of for years to come w/o additional problems.

Roominess, dual sunroofs, interior layout, handling.

GAS mileage and better build quality. Hate spending 36K for a vehicle and taking having toi take it to dealer for other than routine maintenance.