Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Wish I hit reverse before buying Traverse
By mom2x2

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been into the dealership 13 times in the past 2 months...nothing but issues with engine and powersteering.
Was happy with car but this has thrown me over the edge.
Do not feel comfortable driving my family of six in this vehicle.
I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
BEWARE

Engine that works, better quality, more reliable car- otherwise I would like car.

satisfied
By larry

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1 year. No problems except standard maintenance.

Comfort and ride. great on trips with 7 people in vehcle. Double moon roofs are nice. Acceleration is decent for this size vehicle.

Mileage could be better but it is a big vehicle so it is good for the size. I get 18mpg around town and 22mpg to 23mpg on the road. I do not like the location of the battery which under floorboard behind the passenger seat. Interior could be of a better quality.

the car that makes me nuts
By zectbu1

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, lets see where to start. I thought this car was going to be amazing and fun to have. Well it turns out it is the complete opposite. I have been to the dealership 6 times! And now let's talk about the customer service, it is unprofessional and rude. I have had so many problems with this car it is incredible. It even has warranty so it shouldn't be a problem but no, they don't want to change my tires they didn't even want to give me a rental car. I have a weird rattling noise coming from them and they won't change them. I am incredibly disappointed with this car and I do not advice this car to anyone on this planet. Here is a list of all the things I have done to this car, steering etc.

the outside looks nice that absolutely it.

The entire car needs improvements, there is so much noise when you drive the car, the customer service needs improvement. The entire chevorlet company needs major improvement.

Eats coil packs like a fatty eats donuts
By Allan Elder

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car initially; the best interior layout in its class bar none. Captain's chairs in the back, leather, DVD with Bose 5.1 surround. After 9000 miles we took it back to the dealer for a hesitation issue; they investigated and found nothing up. The Hesitation issue became worse and worse; on the third visit @ 18K miles they replaced the coil pack on cylinder #1. At 32K miles, they just replaced it again for the same issue.

Interior layout gives functional amounts of space when the back seat is up; cavernous when it is down.

An engine that doesn't eat coil packs would be too much to ask, I guess.

Love/Hate relationship
By mdr

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love my Traverse! Except the fact that it has been in the shop over 4 weeks this year. Timing chains(stretched) replaced twice, timing chain tensioners (weak) replaced, emission problem fixed, fuel injector fixed, shrill high pitched noise when radio/cd/dvd is on that tech can't seem to duplicate. Feel I have a lemon but really love my Traverse when it is running decently! Just do not feel I can rely on it. :~(

sporty, not your mother's mini-van

center console takes us too much space, could have much more storage instead. Needs to be more reliable!