Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Minivan in disguise
By tvaleri

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2009 for two years. Just sold last week. Hallelujah!

Nonetheless, the Traverse drives and handles like a minivan. The plastic around and on the doors
interior was already beginning to wear. Wires to a box located under driver's seat were loose and caused the "service airbag" light to display.
Worst of all, there is no spare on the LS model. Instead, Chevy equips this vehicle with a mini air pump and some flat tire fixer. Not cool if the tire has a hole in it.
The middle row of seats vibrated horribly. The 3rd row wasn't an issue.
Glad to be rid of it. No more American made cars for me.

Hidden compartment in back; console in dash; sliding second row; privacy glass; lots of air vents.

Address shaking of second row. Spare tire on all models.

2009 Traverse
By tigger68

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our traverse in June 2009 and I had one problem with a computer about a year ago.
Then October 2011 came around and our check engine light came on.
It was something I don't remember.
We took it to the dealer and it was the timing chain and it had been recalled.
They had the car for 10 days.
Then we had the car back one day and I was driving home from work and it started smoking.
We attempted to drive to dealer and did not make it.
A transmission clamp broke.
they fixed it and then we got it back.
We had it back in 4 days.
The fixed and have had some hesitation and now transmission module is out?
Now back we go again!
Dealer has been working with us at least!

Radio--- seating---- lift gate

WARRANTY---- make it 100,000 bumber to bumper because I am out of warranty and am not happy with the fact that I will be making serious repairs when the powertrain is out. I have 47,000 miles on it now and am waiting for them to say it is not covered! I will fight tooth and nail since they had to pull my engine for a timing belt!

Wish I hit reverse before buying Traverse
By mom2x2

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been into the dealership 13 times in the past 2 months...nothing but issues with engine and powersteering.
Was happy with car but this has thrown me over the edge.
Do not feel comfortable driving my family of six in this vehicle.
I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
BEWARE

Engine that works, better quality, more reliable car- otherwise I would like car.

satisfied
By larry

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 1 year. No problems except standard maintenance.

Comfort and ride. great on trips with 7 people in vehcle. Double moon roofs are nice. Acceleration is decent for this size vehicle.

Mileage could be better but it is a big vehicle so it is good for the size. I get 18mpg around town and 22mpg to 23mpg on the road. I do not like the location of the battery which under floorboard behind the passenger seat. Interior could be of a better quality.

the car that makes me nuts
By zectbu1

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, lets see where to start. I thought this car was going to be amazing and fun to have. Well it turns out it is the complete opposite. I have been to the dealership 6 times! And now let's talk about the customer service, it is unprofessional and rude. I have had so many problems with this car it is incredible. It even has warranty so it shouldn't be a problem but no, they don't want to change my tires they didn't even want to give me a rental car. I have a weird rattling noise coming from them and they won't change them. I am incredibly disappointed with this car and I do not advice this car to anyone on this planet. Here is a list of all the things I have done to this car, steering etc.

the outside looks nice that absolutely it.

The entire car needs improvements, there is so much noise when you drive the car, the customer service needs improvement. The entire chevorlet company needs major improvement.