Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Great car
By Frank

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's car, Honda Odyssey. After having this car for about 3 months we are really impressed. This is a well designed, comfortable car that we both enjoy driving very much. My wife likes it so much that she doesn't want to use it as our primary kid hauler, but as her car. Now we'll have to buy another car for the kids. Chevy did a nice job on this car.

Interior comfort, features and ride, AWD, Safety features, 3 row seating, vehicle size, back-up camera and sensors, fuel economy, etc

none so far

Impressed former import owner
By GFI

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased vehicle after more than 20 years of Toyotas and Hondas. I am well pleased with quality of design and with build quality. I have had four months of trouble free ownership and continue to be impressed by roominess, comfort, performance, and ride of vehicle. I was somewhat skeptical of domestic products, but am totally won over.

Back-up camera, dual sunroofs, well- designed folding seats, comfort, room, driving position, On Star

A cleaner, more direct Ipod hookup would be nice.

Same Old GM----Different Wrapper
By uptown48009

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle new. While demoing the middle captains chairs, the seat cover ripped. Took vehicle back for service and GM required them to restitch the seat....look like h... Called the dealer and they had to fight to get us a new seat cover..waited 3 weeks for callback only to find out the cover is on back order...tells you how many are ripping (poor design and build quality)...middle row flip seats are not as user friendly as depicted...had stain protection applied to fabric...got stains on seat...dealer could not get stain out...supposed to receive new seat cover....still fighting on that yet it is a selling point to the protection....SAME OLD GM>>>STAY AWAY

interior size

LOVE MY TRAVERSE
By christine

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our LT1 Traverse in June and we love it !! I like the way it handles and it looks great.We have a sun and moon roof I have never had one before and I am enjoying them (so are my teenaged boys )I agree with one of the other reviews about when turning right it is very hard to see if anything is coming ,and the head rests are awkward .I am hoping it handles good in the snow as we get alot of it .There is so much room in them ,we packed all my son's stuff for college in it with putting down one of the 2nd row seats.There is enough room for my 5'10 and 6'1 tall boys in the back seat.I would recommend this car . I think next time we would like to upgrade to the LTZ with more features

I like all the room ,how the car looks

I would like the vision improved when turning right,the stereo could be alot better and the headrests could be softer and positioned differently.

Like my LTZ So Far
By andylibby

2009 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I came close to buying the Buick Enclave but got the Traverse for three reasons: (1) Price, the Buick would have cost $3 to $4m more similarly equipped, (2) I got a huge rebate for buying the 09, and (3) I don't like fake wood trim and the Buick is full of it. I liked everything about the Buick better except for the fake wood and the extra $$$, but the Traverse LTZ is an awesome car with all the goodies and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Bluetooth, power liftgate, remote start, heated/cooled seats, nav, XM, OnStar, and 288 horses. I also think it's a very smart looking car in the black granite mettalic.

The Sunroof and moonroof need real covers over them, not just mesh screens. Too much sunlight comes thru. The 20" wheels diminish the ride and comfort. 19's look good enough and are much smoother.