Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Really like it!
By The Dan

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Traverse rides great. It is quiet, sure footed, accelerates acceptably, and has very good fit and finish. I would highly recommend the Traverse to anyone. I have two complaints. It doesn't always know what gear it wants to be in and will sometimes have a bit of an acceleration lag when you have slowed down but then press the gas (like when the light changes from red to green). I will press the gas, then press the gas some more until it figures out what gear needs to be in and will then accelerate excessively. The other complaint is that it is surprisingly large and takes some getting use to.

The ride an build quality. The Traverse feels very solid. It creates confidence when driving around town and is smooth and quiet on the open road. It also has plenty of space for people and cargo...more space than a Tahoe and the third row is more comfortable.

Six gears sounds good on paper and does make the ride smooth for everyday riding but it gets in the way when a little "performance" driving is needed.

Great car
By Frank

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace my wife's car, Honda Odyssey. After having this car for about 3 months we are really impressed. This is a well designed, comfortable car that we both enjoy driving very much. My wife likes it so much that she doesn't want to use it as our primary kid hauler, but as her car. Now we'll have to buy another car for the kids. Chevy did a nice job on this car.

Interior comfort, features and ride, AWD, Safety features, 3 row seating, vehicle size, back-up camera and sensors, fuel economy, etc

none so far

Impressed former import owner
By GFI

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased vehicle after more than 20 years of Toyotas and Hondas. I am well pleased with quality of design and with build quality. I have had four months of trouble free ownership and continue to be impressed by roominess, comfort, performance, and ride of vehicle. I was somewhat skeptical of domestic products, but am totally won over.

Back-up camera, dual sunroofs, well- designed folding seats, comfort, room, driving position, On Star

A cleaner, more direct Ipod hookup would be nice.

Same Old GM----Different Wrapper
By uptown48009

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this vehicle new. While demoing the middle captains chairs, the seat cover ripped. Took vehicle back for service and GM required them to restitch the seat....look like h... Called the dealer and they had to fight to get us a new seat cover..waited 3 weeks for callback only to find out the cover is on back order...tells you how many are ripping (poor design and build quality)...middle row flip seats are not as user friendly as depicted...had stain protection applied to fabric...got stains on seat...dealer could not get stain out...supposed to receive new seat cover....still fighting on that yet it is a selling point to the protection....SAME OLD GM>>>STAY AWAY

interior size

LOVE MY TRAVERSE
By christine

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our LT1 Traverse in June and we love it !! I like the way it handles and it looks great.We have a sun and moon roof I have never had one before and I am enjoying them (so are my teenaged boys )I agree with one of the other reviews about when turning right it is very hard to see if anything is coming ,and the head rests are awkward .I am hoping it handles good in the snow as we get alot of it .There is so much room in them ,we packed all my son's stuff for college in it with putting down one of the 2nd row seats.There is enough room for my 5'10 and 6'1 tall boys in the back seat.I would recommend this car . I think next time we would like to upgrade to the LTZ with more features

I like all the room ,how the car looks

I would like the vision improved when turning right,the stereo could be alot better and the headrests could be softer and positioned differently.