Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Great Car!
By DOzmore

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Traverse. The 7 seats are so versatile and I use them all. The leather interior is easy to clean and keep clean. I really love to drive it, very comfortable - especially on road trips. There's so much room in the back! I really love this car.

The three rows of seats with captains chairs in the second row. The fact that the seats fold flat. The auto start button. The dual sunroofs. The buttons on the dash that tell me the air in my tires and gas mileage, etc.

Perhaps work on the gas mileage a little. I get 20.5 mpg and that's fabulous for this car but a few more mpg wouldn't hurt.

Tire Chains Not Allowed
By BRYCE W KOPPER

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our 2009 Traverse but if you don't live in the mountains where chains are sometimes required you don't realize the problem you will encounter. Tire chains will not work on the Traverse which could pose quite a problem if you want to go skiing and you're not allowed to go up the mountain because the stupid vehicle was built so you can't use chains. What does GM expect? To be pulled up the mountain by a team of donkeys? I'm sorely disappointed with this flaw.

Use 16" tires instead of 18" or build the underside differently to allow tire chains.

Broke down with less than 4K miles!
By recker

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

You would think that after making a 30K purchase, it would be reliable. GM dropped the ball. After owning for 4-5 months and less than 4000 miles our traverse has an "intermittent electrical issue", and will not start. The service department had to call GM's engineer dept to find out how to fix the issue. The fact that the service dept had to call GM on how to fix the problem is a scary thought. Never again!!

Looks

Work out any bugs before you introduce it to the public

What about deep snow?
By Rondog

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Traverse AWD LTZ in July. I have been loving this new vehicle until yesterday. We had 14" of snow fall overnight. I cleared my driveway and backed into the street. A couple of 4 wheel drive vehicles had gone through but the plows had not. I was stuck immediately. I turned off the traction control and could not move the vehicle. My neighbors had to push me back into my driveway. I had a 4WD S-10 Blazer and was never stuck once in 10 years! I am so frustrated with this vehicle. I live in WI and we have some winters with numerous heavy snow falls. I think it is ground clearance and tire design. My other vehicles were dedicated 4WD and not AWD.

Back-up camera, XM, heated/cooled seats, remote start

More ground clearance.

Great!
By dexterm

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this SUV about 2 months ago and love it so far. We have been on a couple of road trips and it fits our family of 4 perfectly. It is roomy, drives nicely and the kids love the DVD player.

Power Lift Gate, NAV system, and Black carpet! Cars built for families should never have light gray carpet.

Nothing so far.