Used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Traverse

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Passenger side Power window
By Wykke

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After purchasing my 2009 traverse, I noticed the passenger side Power window going up slower than the other windows, also making a groaning sound as if it might not make it all the way closed. I took it to dealer and they said it was the power regulator and that they would order one. When it came in, I had the regulator rplaced. This did not help the problem. I went back and this time they said that the window was out of alignment and they aligned and lubed it. This still did not help they problem so I took it back again. this time, they said that it was normal for the window to operate slower and make a moaning noise. I still have the problem and will let my lawyer solve the problem.

I do like the dash, the size the radio and other features. this will be the first vehicle that I will not work on (can't find the engine) Mileage before oil changes

Gas Mileage and customer satisfaction

Whinning noise
By mmrando8

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2nd trip back to dealer for whining noise under the hood. Purged the power steering lines the first time; didn't work. Took it back today and they have now replaced the steering rack. Seems there are some problems. Also had whining noise coming from steering column but after reading another blog, I'm guessing that noise will be gone as well. Going to get it now. Will let you know more tomorrow. Absolutely love this car though. Super fun to drive, roomy on the inside.

Pick-up; rear camera; 7 passenger seating; power lift gate;

Better second row seat handles to move them with; make the second row seats removable. This feature is great on long trips with long-legged teens. More power outlets. Black metallic paint is very susceptible to chips. Need more durable clearcoat.

I Love My Car
By Farm Girl

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2LT Traverse for over a year now and am still LOVING it!! It's way fun to drive and plenty roomy inside. No complaints about quality or reliability at all. My mpg is averaging 18-19 even though I drive like a hellion on twisty-turny country roads. If my hubby drives on longer trips, he'll get 22-23 mpg. I had a Ford Edge before this and its EPA estimates were the same, but it got better mileage in real life. I had the jerky tranny problem too for a long time, but at 20,000 miles it seems to have smoothed out nicely. I had trouble with the headrests also, but fixed it by raising them as high as they'll go. Oh, and the storage on the dash is perfect for sunglasses!

bluetooth, automatic tailgate, heated seats, rearview camera, the way the 3rd row folds down, storage, fun to drive

Rear visibility needs improvement-- that rear window is tiny and not only looks ugly, you can't see out of it. Needs controls for rear heat/air in the front--I have small kids and they can't reach the controls but they get bumped sometimes and I don't know it because I can't see from the front

Best suv weve ever had
By pands from mo.

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love the interior, everything is Handy. The awd has gotten us through several bad snow storms. The leather heated seats are very comfortable and plenty of room for trips. Couldn't be ant happier.

mileage,seats bose speakers

can't think of any

Chevy Traverse
By 2009 Chevy Traverse

2009 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 traverse is a year old and I'm not impressed with the gas mileage. About 16 mpg is the best that I have got. Also, I have tan leather seats and the drivers and passengers seat have black on them, they have been replaced once and now they are doing it again. It's like the leather is not real leather. Even the dealership could not get the black off the leather. Very disappointing.