Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Love my TrailBlazer!
By New chevyowner

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After being a 25 year Ford customer and having a dismal experience with my last Explorer, I decided to make the switch to a Chevy. Wow what a difference, I should have done it years ago. The TrailBlazer is as beautiful as the Explorer, with a much smoother ride. I can't feel every little crack in the road like with the Explorer, the transmission is superb with none of the problems I experienced from day one with the horrible Explorer transmission (so far, I haven't had it long). Chevy offers the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which tells me that they put alot of confidence in their product.

Love the seatbelts, they are lower and don't dig into my neck. Love the adjustable drivers seat, (I didn't know a driver's seat could be so comfortable) the XM radio, and one year free OnStar!

I have noticed the cargo area isn't as roomy as my '04 Explorer's, also the middle console is quite a bit smaller. Minor issues though, considering the problems I had with the Explorer. I will take a little less room any day over cracked pieces, peeling paint, and clunky transmission!

Rewarding to drive
By cristios

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 08 TrailBlazer SS is a truly enjoyable ride. Porsche people will hate this but the car this reminds me most of is the 97 911C2S I drove for a while. Looking over the stubby hood and praying that there is enough traction to make it around the corner makes for fun- if not especially confidence inspiring- driving. There is however a lot of traction and brakes to go with the power of the LS2.

Engine, brakes, suspension (both handling and ride). Also great steering for an SUV- right up there with my favorite- the FX45 and better than the Cayenne S I drove for two weeks.

Better transmission and interior quality. A five speed would improve economy and performance- the four speed is archaic. The interior is better than the basic TrailBlazer but is so far off anything from Japan, Korea or Europe that it is no wonder GM is struggling.

TrailBlazer Redux
By richgimmel

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second TrailBlazer. My first was an '06 that I gave up without a single problem after 70,000 miles. GM was discounting the new '08 models so heavily I had to buy one. This is a very well-built vehicle. Naturally, GM decided to shut down the plant that makes them.

The straight-six, interior comfort. Mileage: 21 hwy, 16 city after 2,500 miles, reliability.

Can't think of any.

Much better than it's reviews
By Locust

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is a plain vanilla SUV, but get in and see what you get for thousands less than those that get the great reviews. It has some great features, phone, directions & emergency. A very nice ride, Bose speakers, buttery soft leather, 2 zone temp control & deep tinted windows. And a lot of room, I'm a big guy at 265 & I'm not squished in , the seats are large & firm with plenty of headroom.

I wouldn't call it a feature, but this is a good ride on a road trip, you're up a bit higher with good visablity all around, cruise control & XM radio. The miles fly by.

I'd like some improvements in sound proofing for those road trips. The cabin could & should be quiter.

Built Like An Anvil
By Youngturk

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Trailblazer. I had my first for three years without one single problem. And although some people might think the styling is a bit dated, it's unpretentious, and as functional and reliable a vehicle as you could ask for. Comfortable and fun to drive. And the inline six is bulletproof. This is one solid, well-built vehicle.

The 4.2-litre six. Reasonably economical, has all the power you need, great torque, and incredibly reliable.

Can't think of a single one.