Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Good Truck
By fratblazer08

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Ride quality, power, fuel economy, exterior design

Nothing, wouldn't have bought it if I felt like there was something wrong with it.

Great Truck
By one great truck

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a very reliable and powerful vehicle. It still turns more heads than a crossover. It is comfortable on long trips and has the power of a V8. The dashboard and radio could use a little updating.

Inline six engine with 285 horsepower. Comfortable seats and ride.

Update the dashboard.

Do not buy this to tow anything
By john davis

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased 2008 SUV 2 weeks ago. I read reviews. GM's claims were that this car would tow 5200 lbs and up depending on rear end. My boat and trailer weigh 3600. Now to tow on flat interstate highway it will not tow in fourth at all at speed limit without dropping to 3rd gear and 2nd gear on an incline. We contacted gm. They said there was nothing wrong and to tow in third gear 1300 miles to Florida down and 1300 back even though 2 states are mountain states and it would be in 2nd gear at least 1/2 of the time. This is very hard on whole drive train and would diminish the life of vehicle. Their 4.2 6 cyl. is rated at 291 hp at 6500 rpm but max rpm is 4500 how can you research like that just sick

SUV seems ok but to not tow causes us a great financial burden

GM and dealers should disclose vehicle performance honestly so a person could research in confidence and trust

Nice car at a good deal
By Meyers

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer mostly for towing my toys around. It does this very well. It doesn't get much mileage as I have 2 beater cars that I drive on a daily basis. I get anywhere from 15 to 17 MPG in the city and around 21 on open highways. I have been a Ford guy through and through, but when it came to this purchase, I couldn't pass it up. For the price and features, it beat all Explorers that I looked at. Don't get me wrong, if I were buying brand new, it would be Ford all day, just on principle, but I was looking at getting the biggest bang for my buck on this purchase.

Towing capacity, passenger and cargo space, nice additional gauges that you don't see on most vehicles at this level

My biggest complaint would have to be the 4 speed transmission. You can definitely feel the transmission shift through the gears. My only other complaint would be that the breaks seem to be undersized. It feels like I'm trying to bring a tank to a stop in traffic.

Too Much Gas!
By Too much gas!

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car EXCEPT the horrible gas mileage. I only get about 13 mpg! I have taken it in and they say that nothing is wrong and that Trailblazer's are gas hogs. It costs $65 to fill up my tank and if I am lucky I get 300 miles. We have tried high performance oil, but that didn't seem to help much. I enjoy the smooth ride and the power of the engine but it sucks both the oil and your wallet dry! We bought it with 17 mpg in town advertised BUT I have never gotten anywhere close, so we feel like we were ripped off. I have only put 10,000 miles on it and drive average. It handles well in rain and snow when the 4 x 4 kicks in.

Power, reliability & comfort.

Need to improve the gas mileage! Would like an automatic mileage tracking system in it.