Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Reliable SUV
By Slip42

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 trailblazer used in 2006. I have 78,000 miles on it. I have never had it in the shop for any reason. I do regular maintenance and have had no issues. This is my first Chevy SUV and I would buy another one for sure.

Comfortable, safe and reliable. I have had no issues besides the middle console breaking. This was due to wear.

I have the 4.2 V6, wish it had more power, passing and going up hills, it really shifts up and runs hard.

Going Strong
By Lancer66

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer has reached 44000 trouble free miles. The only thing I have had to do is to put rear brakes on about 3 months ago. The fronts were still good so the dealership said I could wait a while on those. Original tires are still in good shape as well. This is actually my second TB. This one was a bit fancier than the first one and has the 4x4, step bars, mud flaps, etc. I have driven this vehicle across country several times as well as towed my trailer with it. It performs well, is comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Over-all I am pleased with the performance and reliability that this truck has provided. I would buy another one but I have heard GM is phasing this model out.

I like the outer styling as well as the interior. Instrument layout, driving position and seats are great. Towing performance is also very good.. great powertrain. Reliability. Good stereo system.

Covers for the mirrors on the back of the sun visors in the LS model. I think it is ridiculous that they cheaped out on that. Outside temperature display. Better gas mileage of course.

Super Sport Heaven
By LuvmySuperSport

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just brought home my ss last week. Wow, what a truck! I am a bit of a motorhead for being a girl, but this truck is the bomb! The power, handling, suspension, ride, the list is so long. I love my super sport. Not since my 1972 chevelle have I loved to get behind the wheel and just drive. It is awe inspiring. I love the black on black and will be detailing her and enjoying every minute. Beautiful and eye catching. Thank you.

The engine,the Bose,the overall look,old school sound under the hood,tight handling rock solid feel

engine problems
By jcameron

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 23,000 miles on my 2006 trailblazer. My check engine light came on, and they said it was misfiring in the cylinders. They replaced one, but that didn't fix it. Gm told them to replace the whole head and gaskets. They billed gm for over $6,000 warranty work, and now the light is on again. They are saying it is a parts problem, but they have to order the same part again to put back in it..$6,000 more dollars. My warranty is up in 2 more months, and I am trading this vehicle. My cousin has one also, and has problems. The service manager told me that it was a problem with the in line 6 engine in this vehicle.

Needs a recall notice
By darrell

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I've had the vehicle I have had nothing but problems. The traction control light come on all the time and the check engine light. I've had it tested for the traction control lights and they said the computer chip needed reset and they did that. However, the lights still come on all the time. Now we are experiencing a very bad miss in the engine and it won't hardly run. I will never own another Chevrolet because I've had nothing but trouble ever since I've purchased this vehicle.

Recall on the miss fire and the traction control.