Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

I think I got a Lemon
By maureen

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was so excited when I bought it. It was used with 9,000 miles on it. I had it for about 10 months and have had nothing but problems since. I'll make a list- line in hatch snapped $400, new battery$120, new starter$300, gas gauge broke$575, throttle body (feels like it going to stall when I stop)$175, I haven't gotten all these fixed yet due to money. This is unbelievable. I shouldn't be putting a dime in to this vehicle! I'm very disappointed and disgusted! Any recalls? there should be!

Extended warranty! Definitely there should be recalls!

Bad deals
By rl

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought a Trailblazer LS from Cal Worthington and had nothing but trouble. They tried to charge her for charging a battery that was dead because there was some problem with the alarm system and she couldn't turn off the radio,etc. Then the engine blows because they said there was no oil in the engine. She had recently had an oil change which she did regularly. These vehicles should be recalled.

These are poorly made vehicles. What happened to buying a car that would pretty much last a lifetime. Over production and not quality. MONEY for them heartache for the consumer.

Problems with my blazer
By Mary

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems with my blazer,before the warranty was up. Took it to Wilson Motors, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, It's in my front end , & when I turn corners it really makes noise's, like the front end is going to fall off, & just after my warranty was up, my heater went out , I smelled burnt wiring,so,need a new wiring harness, now when I roll my window up,power windows, the headlights flicker.I'm afraid my car will catch on fire.& had a humming noise going on, thought it was a fan , or something, took it in ,the mechanic replaced something on it, said that happens alot with these vehicles & with the wiring problems, he said that happens alot with these vehicles.

Let me see, not to many favs , after all the wrongs with it.

Better warranty, beings certain things are known to go wrong with them, Main one is the wiring problems.

Sick of my Trailblazer
By Linda

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

within days after the warranty was up, the front wheel bearings went out. the cv joint went out. the fuel gauge broke. the dash lights for the stereo/cd player temp control went out,... Not to mention the plastic parts that broke right after we bought it... lol what next? I hate the car.

the four wheel drive quick access for those unexpected icy/snowy days.

either a longer warranty plan that would be standard or built better.

Very happy with purchase
By GM Wife

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this vehicle new in 2006 and have been very happy with it. We occasionally use this vehicle to tow with, commute to work, and to take on trips. Last summer, we drove the vehicle 9 hours to Tennessee with four adults, luggage, and loaded down with a trailer and it performed beautifully. The engine is strong and the turning radius is amazingly tight. This is the easiest vehicle I have ever parked. Even though it is two wheel drive, the traction control makes it handle great in the snow. I'm going to miss it when we turn the lease back in next May.

Glossy, extra nice charcoal paint. The folding rear seats are a big plus, sunroof, class three hitch, and overall versatility. Absolute favorite- maneuverability!

The license plate surround bezel has cracked and the taillight took on water a few years back, but the dealer repaired with no issue. Drivers side rear door weatherstrips falls off. The interior is a bit "plasticy-looking", but the controls all make sense and are easy to use, so I can live with it.