Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

very disapointed
By sapman33

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 14k on it. I got a great deal until I realized the problems that developed. Just like other reviewers I had problems with the gas gauge, and then the trans when out at 70k. I don't pull anything and my wife drives the car so there is no hot rodding. I'm very disappointed in this car. Of course the next year they offered 7/100k warranty. Bad model year (2006) stay away from this car.

4x4, roomy, ride, handling

gas mileage of 15, your better off with a mini van

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Had
By Philip

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 65k on the clock, and it is hands-down the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I added a lift, different shocks, Tahoe springs, and other stuff, and it drives even better. Real body-on-frame construction, and low range make this a great vehicle. Parts are cheap, and there are plenty of them, so junkyards have tons of salvage parts as well... very pleased with my vehicle!

Lo-range transfer case, I6 engine, towing capacity, folding rear seats, rear fuse block

Different upper ball-joint design for front, no differential through the oil pan, dual exhaust, rear tire carrier

Junk - Chevy should recall
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. Reading thru the unhappy reviews is like reading thru our own list of needed repairs that we can't afford. Gas gauge, check engine light, cv- joint, and on, and on, and on. The list keeps growing. We get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. My husband travels extensively for work and needs a reliable car. This sure isn't it but we can't afford to trade right now.

Read thru the reviews Chevy. Should be pretty easy to decide what to improve.

Not a bad vehicle
By Hurb

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used with around 9k on it. I've got close to 100k on it and it's still running strong. I have done the regular maintenance, recently changed out the spark plugs myself (which terrifies me with these new cars) and still going. The only thing that I've had to replace were the plastic panels on the bottom of the front seats. Tows awesomely. Mileage can be better, but on a really good day, no wind, flat straight road, I can pull 23mpg, maybe. I'm not a chevy fan and was kinda forced into this vehicle, but I am impressed overall.

The power

Improve the mileage, but it's a truck, it's what it is.

My TB has served me well
By Lancer66

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was actually my second Trailblazer. The first one was good so I bought another one. I have driven this vehicle across country many times and in some pretty bad weather conditions. It has always performed flawlessly. I haven't experienced the issues that others have (I have read the reviews here). Mine has 56000 miles.. never had to have any warranty work done. I have replaced the rear brakes but the front ones are still okay. I put a new set of tires on it this past year. I find it comfortable to drive long distance. Fit, finish, paint, etc.. are good and vehicle still looks like new. No squeeks or rattles.. still like new.

Driving position, seats, hauling capacity, towing capacity, smooth engine. Outside appearance. Well made, beautiful paint job. Looks like new still.

Fuel economy. Better standard tires. Needs an outside temperature gauge on the LS model.