Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Very Happy, What I expected from a SUV
By Michael

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 s-10 blazers and 3 Astro Vans. I bought this vehicle sight unseen and not even knowing the vehicle. Called the dealer and they offered me this. WOW! Bigger than what i expected but very nice for a used vehicle. I have a bad back and the lumbar support seats were great for a 270 mile round trip in one day (avg 24 mpg) highway and rural roads. It's an SUV I get the same mpg as I had w/ my earlier SUVs and vans. Would like to have a better clearance over the hood but no powers seats. (previous 5 vehicles had) OnStar is great. 2 days after i bought it, -32 deg wind chill, vehicle had a stuck throttle, hit Onstar and they ran i diagnostic. fixed it w/no garage visit.

OnStar-auto headlights-rear ac/heat-very roomy interior-lumbar seats-parts for vehicle are standard and are not special order(why i stay with American made cars.

Power seats standard-More responsive trany in town(when i need to step on it-i want it to go,not go blah--then go) dont cheap out on the interior quality. i leaned on the center consul cover and it broke.

Lots of miles, still rocking
By ryanlong013

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 2008 with 40,000 miles on it. It was previously a leased vehicle. Everything has been great so far. I had to put a new alternator on it at 80,000 miles. I also had to put new shocks/struts on it at 100,000 miles. Just got the brakes re-done at 103,500 miles (they were still the original brakes). Overall, I have been really lucky with this car. It is great for my close to 50,000 miles of driving annually.

I6, A/C, 4WD, Bose Sound System, Comfy Ride, OnStar

Gas Mileage

Sensor/gauge issues in general
By Allie

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My TB has been great except for the fuel economy (13 mpg hwy) and sensor issues. "Service stabili-trak" warning comes on often but resets when the car is turned off so the dealer saw nothing wrong. They never fixed it and told me it was probably just a sensor issue. Around 45k miles, the gas level gauge stopped working which is a pain since it constantly beeps that I'm out of gas. The "check engine" light comes on as a result and it failed emissions but the dealer won't fix it under emissions warranty. My cousin works for a parts dealer and says GM cars have TONS of sensor issues. Firestone told me the same thing. A new battery caused no electrical issues as others have had. AC is great

Love the in-dash readouts for mpg, fuel used, oil life, two trip meters, etc. Rear seat controls include a/c and vents, stereo, and two power ports. Roomy.

Recall sensor issues and repair at no cost. This is a wide-spread problem.

Read before you buy
By EMCD

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife bought this heap with 17k thousand miles on it and it now has 48k. It is a perfect example of why I will never buy a GM product again, the interior is falling apart, the problems listed by other owners is the same we have experienced: gas light not working, radio will not turn off when door is opened and ignition is off, ignition had to be replaced (we took it in three times telling them it was not working but were told each time it was something else like the battery. No need to look further to see why this company (American or not) is going out of business. Terrible quality- don't put someone you love in one. We will get rid of it as soon as we can and buy a Nissan or Honda.

Quality- when you're building it pretend it is your mother, wife or daughter that will be driving it.

So far..
By frumpytuin

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2LT with a 5.3 L V8 engine in it. Bought used about 2 months ago with 26,000 miles on it. So far, it was a great deal! The first time I went to the gas station I found out I got 12 mpg for city. I figured out that the oil was just nothing special. Since I put the new Penzoil Oil, & ExtraGuard Oil Filter, the performance improved, then got 13.5 city (drives 2-4 mph over the speed limit). I found out later that my tires also weren't properly inflated, so I got the tires to the amount of pressure the vehicle handles, & the fuel range went up! Overall, this is a really nice SUV! I will update this with a new review later & see if this keeps going.

Solid Steering, Excellent Brakes, Efficient 5.3L V8 Engine, Horn, DVD Entertainment System, Underfloor Storage Compartment in the trunk, Rear Seats easy to fold down, 4 of 8 cylinders idle during highway traveling, Curb View when parking (only turns on in Reverse gear)

Better stock speakers, computer (more choices and options), factory tires