Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

oh where to start....
By victoryismine

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

gas is pretty good, I fill at 1/2 now due to prices, ride is or was smooth.

Seems like ikea joined w/chevy to make this car. no wonder they stoppped production. I know I have other issues but I cannot think off the top of my head of what they are. I can't wait to have this thing paid off so I can get rid of it. I don't want to sink any more money into it.

Fuel Sensor issue
By aschilling

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had a fuel sensor issue with the Trailblazer.
The gas gague always read empty when the sensor went out.
There is a "hidden assistance recall" that GM has that you have to go thru a dealer.
We were quoted $340 just to replace the sensor and not the pump.
We found the sensor on e-bay for $25.00 and did it ourselves.

Do a recall on the fuel sensor.

regrets regrets,never again!!
By leecan75

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this truck after i totaled my ford escape..i love it at first..8 months later...well car just shuts off for no reason,thought it was the battery but it's not.we got stranded at a mall had someone try to give us a jump and nothing,so called roadside asst and then the truck just turns on before tow arrived.and now the ac is not working at all.not to mention the inside it CHEAP CHEAO CHEAP oh did i mention, CHEAP! no one know whats wrong with it
so it's just sitting in my driveway.after looking up the issue i found hundreds of complaints with the same issues..please stay away..

gps and sunroof

don't make them anymore

Very Good Ride
By dasco54

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

4th blazer I have owned -1976,1992,1999,and now the 2006.
Very good ride ,if I had one complaint it is the 99 interior was better laid out. Good mileage with plenty of power. Very minor repairs(belt guide pulley) needed so far and we have 111,000 miles

Great looking from the front , OK from the rear ,very functional rear gate. Good power and decent gas mileage.

Interior is cramped ,the 99 was better

OMG
By 123321

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

3 things simply stated that you will keep finding out. 1) accelerator sticks, car was going 73 mph by itself, 2) Transmission slips constantly, under 50k engine mind you, 3) Engine needed to be replaced within dealership warranty period. Either no one knows how to put these cars together right or there are defects bottom line.

GPS system and cigarette outlets

Better V6 engine