Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My heavy chevy
By tiffany

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since 07. I bought it for myself as a birthday gift. It sits at 198,000 miles and it runs like I just drove it off the lot. I keep up the necessary maintanace on it. I have been threw a few battiers, much to my own fault for having my system hooked up to it. A fuel tank sensor (recalled so I got my money back), tires, water pump two times, an altanator, rear hatch shocks, and some front end stuff (struts, control arms, bearings, etc. ) I love this truck and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to replace it...

Not worth the work
By Alexis

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved this car, but I do not have the time nor wish to spend the amount of time necessary in up keeping this car. The older it gets, the more the little things keep adding up. From the AC to the fan to the hatch hydraulics to the windshield wipers to the driver door panel to the sun roof to the electric shorting in general...... the list goes on and on. I have always felt pretty safe driving it, unless the battery dies or the fuel pump fails. You need AAA with this car.

Loved the Car, but didn't love the repairs
By zanderman1

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my 2006 trailblazer for little over 3 years, and as much as i loved the car it was on problem after another one with it, it was all fine till you start hitting the 80,000 mile mark after that everything started going, it was starting to rust really fast, it was breaking down about every other month till finally around 92,000 miles i had it with it and traded it in, very fun to drive, but repair cost through the roof. It was a well cared for car to, so i am shocked i had so much issues

Fun to drive Lots of power Fast take off

Broke down a lot Expensive repairs rusts easily Doors get stiff when not opened daily Starts falling apart around 80,000 miles. My brakes never stop making noise even after being replaced Very bad on gas i would get about 11 or less city and 13 to 15 highway, At the pump sometimes twice a week.

06 Trailblazer
By scribe77

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is
my second Trailblazer.
First one was 2003.
Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles.
I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it.
It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance.
Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway.
Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00).
I have replaced the brakes twice.
Tires replaced once.
Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while.
It did it, but it wasn't happy.
With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg.
When this one wears out I will look for another one.

Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.

I love it
By hellokiti

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

Spacious.

Exterior strength...My car grill is made out of plastic.