Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Hunk of Junk!
By Stash

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my TrailBlazer for 2 years and have had nothing but problems. The first thing that went wrong was the driver side panel on the seat had to get replaced within a year. The second thing was the rear windshield wiper hinge had to be replaced. The fourth is the passenger side panel on the seat had to be replaced. The fifth thing is my dash and headlights keep dimming often. I took it to the dealership and they claim it's normal. The sixth item is the rear windshield wiper hinge had to be replaced again. The final thing so far is that my hatch shocks are going out and the hatch will not open all the way. This truck is junk. I'm getting a foreign car. I had a 5 year old Civic, and not one problem.

Sun and Sound package offered! The 4WD drive options are good. Good stereo. Awesome turning radius.

Needs to be better quality! With all this technology needs better gas mileage.Little things should not break so quickly. Needs an outside temp gauge on the dash. Longer standard warranty!

Can't keep it running
By R. Breski

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Currently in shop w/ 46k, at 25k new cylinder head, at 35k new trans, at 45k new cylinder head again, and while they were in there found timing problem. Like everything about the vehicle but it just won't stay away from the service department. Owned GM all my life, never had an experience like this, not sure if I'll buy another. Did I mention they have had this vehicle in and out of service for a total of around 2 months.

Interior / exterior design, ride is comfortable, nav is a must

Time to build a reliable vehicle, no excusses for these types of failures. Wind noise, gas mileage

Wind Noise!
By T Hensley

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always had GM products. After all the wind noise my TrailBlazer has this may be my last. People who ride in the back seat alway ask if the window is all the way up. After a while my wife and I just laugh. When I took it back to fix the wind noise I was told this is a bad feature with the 2005 models. We took it back again, and let them know we didn't pay all that money for a bad feature. It has been at the dealership for 6 weeks. They have tried many things but wind noise is still there.

Looks, ride, sunroof,

Please fix the bad features before selling.

TrailBlazer OK
By Dennis Greene

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle now seems to be OK. It took a long time to work all the bugs in the electrical system out almost every other week it was in the shop. Now I enjoy the ride and the comfort.

The sunroof and XM radio. OnStar

The heating system a little weak. Also need to quiet the engine. On warm up it sounds like a diesel until it reaches running temp.

Hate my TrailBlazer
By towldy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy person, but this will be my last one. Bought this SUV new and have had problems with it. At 9,000 miles a rear door started rusting on the inside. I am on my third set of hatch shocks. First time they went bad I almost got my arm caught in hatch. Fan belt squeals every morning and I get 12 miles per gallon. Really dissapointed with this vehicle. It only has 13,000 miles on it. GM quality is a major issue.

Nice body style