Used 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Very nice suv

mmatt400, 10/14/2013
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this suv for about 2 years I bout It with 89,000 miles on it now I have 102982 I have had to change the fan cluch and water pump on it thats all Iv done to it she runs great this suv will get up and go its fast and really reliable the 4X4 works well drove it in snow and mud fantastic never got stuck once while my freinds in has jeep got stuck I was laughing. I thought jeeps were supposed to be able to go off road. This is the best suv I have ever owned. I can see it running to 400,000 miles No problem a co worker of mine has the same car and she's driving up to 300,000 miles and still driving. I also for got to mention that I am very tall about 6,6 I fit in the very well.

American Longevity!

dcpre5, 06/24/2011
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It seems that most people only write reviews when they are dissatisfied with something and don't do anything when they are pleased. I've owned my trailblazer since it was brand new and it just turned over 200,000 miles. This vehicle has never given me a problem and I have full confidence in it and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I just put new tires, brakes, shocks, and struts on it so I fully expect it to go up to a quarter million miles. The amazing thing is when a person looks at the outside or the inside they wouldn't have a clue about the mileage. It has held up very well. No oil leaks, no rust and no rips in the fabric on the interior. Good Job General Motors!

303,000 miles and going strong

jweil810, 06/26/2014
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm absolutely amazed that I have over 300,000 miles on this car. It will be 10 years old in November.

Best vehicle I've owned in 69 years of driving

John Oberg, 04/16/2016
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle and has held up well from being used in salt and on dirt and gravel roads. It has both AWD and 4WD which you cannot find anymore in a midsize SUV. GM climate control is great. The downsides are common to many SUV's and light trucks and they are front wheel bearing assemblies and rear disc brakes used in salt, mud, and on rough roads. Original front wheel bearing assemblies were expensive and didn't last more than 30 to 40k miles, however, the price of replacements have dropped and life span has increased. Too bad GM stopped making the Trailblazer in 2009, although I understand it has been revived and being manufactured in China for foreign sales and the possibility of being brought back to the US. GM began making the Chevrolet Blazer again in 2019 and according to the specs it is more the size and build as the Trailblazer.

04 Trailblazer not as good as my 06 Tahoe

4l60e, 07/17/2014
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Trailblazer n 08. It had 65,000 miles on it. The 1st. problem I notice was the a/c took to long to cool down. I check the trans fluid and the dip stick had rust on it. I forgot about the rust and bought it anyway. The CEL came on a few weeks later and I had to replace the thermostat. A few months down the road the trans begin to slip going to 3rd. gear. I had to replace the clutch fan to fix the a/c and installed a corvette servo to fix the slip. I've had to replace a motor mount, 2 water pumps and an instrument cluster. Last X-mas, I rebuilt the valve body to fix a TCC jerk @ 65mph. Now I need a rear end @ 134,000 miles.

My 04 Chevy Trailblazer so far so good!

Carla, 06/04/2018
LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Chevy Trailblazer off a local car lot almost 2 years ago for $3500 and it’s been a good overall vehicle so far. Yes it is an older vehicle,I bought it with around 150,000 miles on it. I knew that I was probably going to have to do some repairs on it, which didn’t bother me. The former owner towed with the vehicle and put extra wear and tear on the tranny, so I had it replaced early on for $2200, which put me in it for bout $5700, which was no problem, BC these engines usually go 300,000 + miles. I also had my hubby put in a guages repair kit for $18 since he guages wets going nuts,(this is a common problem with Chevy Suv’s And trucks, and there is a website where you can take the dash’s out and send them off to have them fixed at no cost to you.). Also had to replace a headlight relay, other general maintenance, etc. I’m sure sometime soon it will need from bearings and bushings from me driving it on bumpy gravel ropads, but other than that,.she runs like a champ!

Piece of Crap

jnnfr39, 09/01/2012
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2004 trailblazer with 40,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Looked fine inside and out. Have had nothing but problems since I drove it off the lot. From power window motor burning out ( $175 to replace just the motor) to main electronic control panel melting down under the passenger seat directly under my childs car seat,to serious motor problems and all this before I even have 100,000 miles on it. All in all its in the shop more often than not and I usually walk out with a $300 to $500 repair bill. No my mechanic is not a thief. The latest repair is going to be well over $1000. THe check engine light is on all the time and I am absolutely sick of this vechicle. What a dissapointment.

I'm just paying off mine and repairs have cost mo!

Mel, 09/25/2015
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The trailblazers are to big for the frame they are on. With that being said they usually have a ton of front end problems. II have spent hundreds on repeat repairs on my trailblazer. I got it from a dealership with 64,000 miles on it and now 3 years later I have 212,100 miles on it and I swear I hate it breaking all the time. Mine is the luxury with heated leather seats 3rd row seating running boards sun roof etc. Well I don't drive it rough and I stay with the upkeep on it (frequent oil changes). I have replaced the whole front end. Bearings, struts, shocksshocks,joints, brakes, ball joints, catalac converter, windshield, rear defrost, rear lights, speakers just working when they want (go in and out constantly). The rear wiper doesn't work. Alignments been done and won't stay aligned. Middle row middle seat belt locked and won't go up or down. Window in the rear won't open jammed shut. I will never buy another one of these. I needed a vehicle and I traded in my Saturn Vue for this and I wish I didn't but my family grew so I really had to unfortunately.

Chevy Trailblazer

tbsport00, 01/31/2005
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At 6'7" tall, vehicles with sufficient legroom are impossible to find. Thanks to Edmunds spec. page I was able to compare before heading out to dealerships. Trailblazer has more front seat legroom than my wife's Tahoe. Reliabilty I've experienced with my late model Chevy's is on a par with previously owned Toyotas and Mazdas.

A lot of car for the money

mike, 12/27/2006
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Well equipped for a base model. A good value if you are going to keep it for 5 years plus. Lots of room. Lots of power. Very reliable

12345...31