Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 292 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

my life mistake
By GodOfWar65

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

So a 2004 trailbalzer i got one day. some $14,000 is what it costs. (still paying it) anyway within a month of when i got it i had to change that battery. then more months later my head lights go. when the first sign of winter showed up i popped it into 4wd, and it never can go back to 2wd. took it to a dealer and my 4wd module is broken some $500 repair oh and a secondary air intake malfunction hit me too. now i get grinding from the front when i break, (i changed pads and inspected it) now this machine is not that old and not alot of miles on it and i drove it like an average person and i got dumped on... my instrument panel light flicker when i break or excell. very up set with this SUV!!!!

Great Sound from speakers. nice seats, felt good when driving. (when it was driveable)

Everything electrical needs to be improved as well as break pad and co. life.

Done with GM
By Chad R,

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When it was 2 weeks old had the radio replaced for eating a CD. At 37K mile mark I had a noise in the rear. Dealer tore apart the rear end and it was in pieces.(metal fatigue) Also while in had lumbar motor replaced(it burned out after using it 3 times).. $3000 to fix both. 50K mark..Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds (interstate) when putting window up. 44K mark fuel computer chip fail. Had towed and dealer had to replace computer chip and fix the fuel system... $1600 fix. at 67K mark RPM gauge failed. Drivers side window wont seal at high speeds(interstate) when putting window up. Typical USA vehicle. 73K on it now and I'm trying to dump before my wallet goes dry

Nice power and towing capable

Poor quality from US company to no surprise. Buying foreign from here on out

Fav Vehicle
By Jack Daniels

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

6 years old and still running and looking GREAT. I will probably keep this vehicle another 6 years. it has been an absolute pleasure to drive!!

Heater blower system- especially with interior re-circulation ON. Driving through snow and ice. This vehicle is a BEAST!

Gas mileage could be better.

Totally Impressed!!
By Jessica M.

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my trailblazer & I am totally satisfied with my purchase. I think the overall performance is amazing. I was truly impressed when it came time to drive through the snow & it handled the weather just great. I found this truck to be very reliable so far, and I feel safe driving it; besides the regular maintenance my car has not been in the shop for anything else. I couldn't be anymore confident that this was a great buy!

The handling and performance of the truck is my favorite. It is not the most "stylish" vehicle but it's dependable and that is what really counts! I think it's a well built, mechanically.

More flattering features. It's a very basic truck and I think cosmetic wise it can use a little more.

First Repair is a killer
By Scott Stewart

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Trailblazer used from Carmax with about 14000 miles. It's mostly used for travel, as the gas mileage makes it tough to commute in. Just this week I noticed a hum in the front end.. It's the front hubs, bith need to be replaced, with a front end alignment to the tune of over $1000. I haven't even ventured into the faulty speedometer and random flashing dashboard lights.. this will become a trade in sooner than later.

Size, 4WD

Chevy really needs to pay better attention to quality, a $1000 repair after only 27000 miles, doesn't make me want to get another.