Used 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 292 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Piece of Crap
By jnnfr39

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2004 trailblazer with 40,000 miles on it 2 years ago. Looked fine inside and out. Have had nothing but problems since I drove it off the lot. From power window motor burning out ( $175 to replace just the motor) to main electronic control panel melting down under the passenger seat directly under my childs car seat,to serious motor problems and all this before I even have 100,000 miles on it. All in all its in the shop more often than not and I usually walk out with a $300 to $500 repair bill. No my mechanic is not a thief. The latest repair is going to be well over $1000. THe check engine light is on all the time and I am absolutely sick of this vechicle. What a dissapointment.

None

Scrap it and start over.

What a waste!!
By drum121181

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in Feb.
Ran great for 5 months.
In the last month I've spent $1850 on repairs!!
Accelerator pedal position sensor, the computer, and the thermostat.
All one week after the other.
Now it's been stalling on me for the past week.
The shop can't seem to find anything wrong with it, but they want to to actually stall on them so they can see what's wrong with it.
It cranks back up after it stalls.
The radio also screws up, but it was replaced by previous owner.
I def got a crappy deal out of this one.
I like the size since I'm a musician.
But overall....I should have gotten the Pathfinder!!

Size, comfort, passenger features.

Make a vehicle with consistency!!

American Longevity!
By dcpre5

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It seems that most people only write reviews when they are dissatisfied with something and don't do anything when they are pleased.
I've owned my trailblazer since it was brand new and it just turned over 200,000 miles.
This vehicle has never given me a problem and I have full confidence in it and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.
I just put new tires, brakes, shocks, and struts on it so I fully expect it to go up to a quarter million miles.
The amazing thing is when a person looks at the outside or the inside they wouldn't have a clue about the mileage.
It has held up very well.
No oil leaks, no rust and no rips in the fabric on the interior.
Good Job General Motors!

Longevity and power.

Gas mileage

Trailblazer
By jessie27

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car. I got it in 2007 when it was 3 years old and it is now 7 years old. I have never had to take it in for major repairs (only oil changes and tune ups) It has never once stalled on me. It has 72,000 miles. It gets about 20 mpg on the highway and about 15 in town. The seats are for the most part comfortable only when you go on long trips do they become slightly uncomfortable. The interior design is pretty simple, I don't need fancy. I love the exterior color as well it is a really deep blue metallic with a gold pinstripe. I have got a lot of compliments on the car. It rides nice and I love driving it. It is great off road too. I love it and would highly recommend it to you.

Buyer beware!!
By khaigh

2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my Subaru Outback with 300,000 miles for a brand new 2004 trailblazer. As soon as it was driven off the lot the truck stalled and the dealership said nothing was wrong. This problem continued. My husband, being a mechanic, found the problem that Chevy would not pay for...a bad air pump. We sunk over 8,000 into this truck and were stuck with it until 2010, when my husband traded it in for a 2010 Subaru. The truck is a mechanical nightmare. Chevy stopped producing the truck due to the excessive complaints. Also, not a good ride for people with back problems. I am so glad I no longer own this SUV and am so happy I got a Subaru Outback back...which I will never part with again!

The whole mechanical design. Chevy should back there product up and not leave customers with a bad taste for Chevy!!