Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

GREAT VEHICLE
By yamahaguy05

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle Ive ever owned

I love everything about it.

Better gas mileage

It did it's job - and I'm okay
By mbs2

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm just sick over the fact that I wrecked my '02 Trailblazer a week and a half ago. I LOVED that car. In fact, most comments I got from people, after making sure that I was okay, were to express their sympathy over me losing my car - everyone knew how much I loved that thing. As a real estate broker specializing in mountain properties, I used my TB for all it was worth. At 159,000 miles, it ran perfectly, looked nearly perfect, nobody could tell it was as old as it was. I bought it in '04 with 42k miles on it, and only repair was a 4WD switch computer chip. While I was spinning out in the rain on the freeway about to hit a tree, I was calm because I knew it would keep me safe, and it did.

Nice styling - even at 9 years old it was sharp looking. Interior was immaculate, and I did not baby it... spills cleaned up easily, carpets looked new, everything worked. Acceleration power was great, 4WD got me out of every crazy place I managed to get myself into. Nice handling, nice size, very maneuverable, very sharp turning radius. Brakes were amazing - I had a close call once when a car stopped unexpectedly in front of me, and my TB saved me from a rear-ender that would have been "my fault." As I keep saying, I loved that car...

Poor gas mileage is my only complaint, especially now that gas prices are so crazy. I would buy another TrailBlazer in a heartbeat, if only fuel economy wasn't so important to me now. I don't know yet what I will be getting to replace it, sure wish I could afford the gas to keep with another one, but I drive too much to get only 15/18 mpg.

Luvineveryminuteofit
By seaman11

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

iI pre-ordered a fully-loaded LTZ before they came out. The only thing I didn't like were the seats (not a lot of lateral support and lumbar support adjustment was minimal). I later read reviews from people plagues with problems, including the engine. I waited for mine to fall apart and it never did. The engine got noisier but didn't fall apart. After ten years and 110,000 miles, it still runs strong with absolutely no problems! Tires and brakes lasted until 90,000 miles! My C5 Corvette and C-Class Mercedes can't even come close to the reliability that the Trailblazer has. I guess I didn't get the lemon ... I'm keeping it until it until it dies.pric

Favorite features include all the bells and whistles included on the LTZ for this year, from block heater to trailer towing capacity.ll the bells and whistles available from this year, including OnStar, block heater, and

Better lateral support for front passengers would have been a huge improvement as would silencing the engine noise that increased after 30G miles.

Last Chevy I Will Buy
By lostjedi71

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27 K. Have had nothing but problems. 4 recalls. $1800 spent replacing computer modules at 90K. Very uncomfortable ride. Fit and finish are poor with huge,uneven gaps. Heavy body sway. Feels like a boat but less safe. The large space has come in handy a few times. I wish I could afford another vehicle.

Interior space.

Improve fit and finish. Make seating comfortable. Improve reliability.

Unhappy
By joey

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the c truck it was good ride after a couple of month I started hearing air zipping in from outside and I took it in and they told me that that was the outside mirror design but I did not swallow that, then a couple of recalls came in and I learn to live with it. After I finish it paying off the car about a year later the problems began and after a ton of trips to the dealer and about $ 7000.00 dollar I regret the day I purchase that vehicle, from transmission to coils, spark plugs sensor etc, etc is been change on that vehicle and steal have problems. So I will never again by a Chevrolet vehicle in my life. I'm a very unhappy car owner.

Will never buy another Chevrolet or general motor in my life.