Used 2004 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

2004 LT Tracker
By RW

2004 Chevrolet Tracker LT Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have 28,000 miles on my '04 LT Tracker. I get 22 mpg city, and 24 mpg highway at 70 mph. The interior layout is very dated but functional. It's that 70's retro look. Front seating is a bit cramped and rear seating is really just for kids.

The V6 is responsive for passing, and gets OK gas mileage. Fold down split- rear seats are convenient. Vehicle is built very solid, and runs very quiet.

Interior design is just too dated. Front seat armrests are too short. A 5speed automatic transmission would help boost mileage. Larger gas tank would be great (17 gal tank is a bit small). Rear seat leg room is just non-existent.

2004 Wildfire Red 4WD
By Roger Engelken

2004 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car for the 4WD given the harsh December and January we had here in Northern Colorado. It has worked admirably in the snow, and now is a joy to drive on once again dry roads. I've had no issues with it, and getting replacement parts thus far has been very easy to do. After five coats of wax it has a good new shine once again. No missing the wildfire red color.

The 4WD, body style and storage area in the back.

Not likely to be any since the model discontinued after the 2004 year.

2004 tracker is a great little SUV
By shming007

2004 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tracker ZR2 is the best vehicle I have ever had. I have never slipped a tire in the snow and ice even when other vehicles around me are slidding everywhere. When I put my foot on the accelerator I can get out of any situation.

M favorite feature is how my wife loves to drive it and how she is so proud of it.

Gt rid of the outdated Tacker logo on the driver and passenger doors.

Great Deal
By Dan

2004 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle in March of 2005 as new with full warrenty. Dealer sold for $14,000 with sticker of $23,000. Unfortunately we had to accept it with only the std options that it came with. After 10,000 miles no problems. Can't wait to try out the 4x4 in Michigan winters.

CD stereo system works great, full size spare on aluminum rim, handles great and easy to park.

Too late its no longer made.

More for the money
By Tom

2004 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tracker after I had wrecked my Blazer. I did so out of economical reasons and wound up being pleasantly surprised. It has more strength in the V6 engine and pretty good mileage. It handled better than my old Blazer in the poor weather and it is handling its first winter like a champ! The only problem is that it is just a tad too small for rear adult passengers and cargo. However, for a single person who wants more versatility out of their vehicle, the Tracker is the smart way to go.

My favorite features of this SUV are the good mileage and great visibility. Its V6 engine provides enough power and is very reliable.

This vehicle could be made a little longer length-wise and should have more cargo space.