Used 2003 Chevrolet Tracker Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tracker

View reviews for a specific Tracker model:

Great for couple with no kids
By L.H.

2003 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my little Tracker. I bought it 5 years ago and have not had one bit of trouble with it. This vehicle is very compact if you need to put a child car seat in the back seat be prepared to have the chid banging the back of your seat. You can't fit an adult in the back seat comfortably. But that aside if you put the seats down you have a huge amount of room to haul stuff. This little SUV is very cute and alot of fun to drive. It has get up and go and handles well. When you pop it into four wheel drive you can go through almost anything. In Minnesota winters it has come in handy a quite a few times. My car sits outside and it has always started even when the temp was 30 below zero.

Sporty look and the way it handles. I would absolutly buy another one.

The only real problem I have is the last place the defroster defrosts is where you need to look out the window to drive.

My 2003 Tracker
By JIM

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 2dr Convertible SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lucky to find '03 with less than 6k. I drive a lot, 250 to 400 miles a week. Use it in my job and get mileage allowance for it. Fun to drive. The optional 2.0 liter engine is very peppy over the base engine, even with the automatic trans, which I have grown to like. Easy to park, easy to turn in tight spots, turns super tight U-turns. Lucky to find and like white color for very sunny climate I am in. I did have to replace the rear axle bearrings at about 36k and a cost of about $1,300, ouch! Just out of standard warranty. Still wondering why the 2 door uses the same axle as the 4 door, and having less weight, should not of had a problem burning out, even carrying me, 280 lb guy! No other problems.

The convertible freature, although I've convert edto aftermarket hard top. Can remove front section and opening is so much bigger that the std flip back soft top. Overall, the hardtop is more secure, quieter, better looking and cooler( tinted windows, you can't tint plastic windows) Like PW/PDL Opt.

Bring back to 2Dr Model, w/V-6 opt. Replace the soft top with a factory hardtop. Offer 4 wheel disc w/ABS. Make custom wheel fitting easier. The front calipers restrict wheel options. In 2wd auto, put rear pump in trans, making towing available without maybe burning up trans. Make ZR2 option also.

Problems
By Bad Chevy

2003 Chevrolet Tracker ZR2 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this Tracker, I was looking for reliability. I am not happy! I have now gone through 3 Cat. Conv., springs on the rear rotors. I am still having problems with them and gaskets galore. I have a 1994 Tracker a long time ago and it was awesome. I can't wait to get rid of this one!

4 wheel drive- it goes through anything! Gas mileage.

There needs to be more room in between the fronts seats and the backs seats. My 2 year old's feet are hitting the front seats. If I move up the front, there is no room for the passenger.

Good Value
By Charles Howell

2003 Chevrolet Tracker Rwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely no complaints thus far. A very economical car with a noticeably choppy ride at times. But, no problems.

Comfortable seats. Incredibly quite and vibration-free engine. fuel economy. Forward and side visibility.

Rear visibility (the rear seat head rests get in the way.)

Great SMALL SUV
By Kaylees' Mommy

2003 Chevrolet Tracker 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great SMALL SUV. If you don't
need a lot of room then this is for
you. The gas mileage is great, I have a
4cyl automatic and get around 23-25
city and even better highway.

Gas mileage and it handles curves just like a car. Also great in the winter time!

More backseat room and more cargo space in the hatch!Also to change to place for LATCH for carseats.The place it is now is on the floor near the back door, so when you have the latch installed it doesn't leave room to get big items in and out.It should be on the top instead.