Used 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

You wont want another truck...
By georgeb

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is fantastic. If you love the outdoors, and don't need to climb mountains this is your truck. Off the start power leaves abit to be desired. But once it gets moving, it moves. I modified this truck with camping stuff, water system like an RV, second battery for my radios, and other gear, my own lighting system, took out the rear seats, don't need them. I got the truck with the large 20" tires, forget about the nav system, onstar and the radio is great...Leather is too uncomfortable, cloth, with neoprene custom covers much better.

Comfort.... Ive driving this truck everywhere, and it is super comfortable. The ride is abit mushy, by will be putting heavier duty suspension, once I get my travel trailer

This truck will rock, with heavier suspension, slightly higher clearance, and a larger gas tank. Forget the rear seats, or make them close flat...

Love Tahoes!
By Lina

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. I have had it for 2 years. I am around 60,000 miles. I do a lot of joy riding plus work. The truck is reliable in the snow and rain. It is very roomy in the front and second row. The third row is in the way and should have been an option as opposed to a standard. My 10 year old is the only one that can fit back there. The only issues that I have is the automatic door locks do not work when using the key fob or the button on the door. I have to use the key to unlock the door and reach over to unlock the doors. Also, the defrost coil that connects to the rear window came off and needs to be soldered back on. Those seem like easy fixes. The gas mileage could be better.

MP3, satellite radio, onstar, and spacious interior in front and second row.

Either make the third row an option or make it fold down flush with the floor to give the trunk space more room.

Great Truck - Amazing tow quality
By Eric

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very good truck and first American full size SUV I've owned. I never bought before dude to styling of interior - the 2008 styling is really nice and ALMOST up to European standards but still a little ways to go. The towing capability with the air adjusted ride is amazing - the truck literally will adjust itself based on the amount of weight added. Gas mileage is "OK" but what I'd expect in a large V8. not sure the "switching to a V4" feature makes any difference. The review states it's a chore to take out the rear seats - I think anyone in general good health will not have issues removing the rear seats - I've never found it a bother. how often do you need to take them out, really?

Interior design - NAV - stereo is great. Wood accent is good although I'm not sure it's really wood. 20 inch tires are great and really make for an amazingly smooth ride. My wife has a very nice luxury SUV and I would rather take my Tahoe on trips due to the ride and overall comfort it provides.

provide more options in terms of rim selection. Most luxury vehicles allow for 2-3 choices - if you want to get into that range then you need to allow for more choices. Make the wood trim look more real - if it isn't. it looks plastic.

Love IT
By KA

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. The first was a LS. Very roomy easily seats 9 passengers and gives a smooth ride. I got this after trading in a new BMW X5 that rode horribly. I loved the Tahoe so much I upgraded to the Z71 4WD that converts to 2WD. It has all the amenities of a BMW but the ride is what sold me.The Z71 seats less but my kids are grown up now so I don't need as much room.

I love how high it sits. Auto remote start. The Bose music system, the comfortable seats and needless to say ONSTAR

I love it any improvements would be a bonus to an already awesome truck.

2008 Tahoe LS 2WD (4.8L)
By Nick

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We recently purchase a 2008 Tahoe with 9000 mi and traded in a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. With the sudden acceleration concerns, I didn't feel comfortable with my family driving that vehicle. We had a 2003 Tahoe in the past and loved it. We should have just bought another Tahoe, it's now the only car we will own. We prefer the 4.8 L engine since gas mileage is reasonable considering the size of the SUV. We also prefer the LS since it doesn't have the cumbersome cup holders between the front and passenger seats - we prefer to have the area open. We also don't like the fake wood accents, the LS has chrome accents which we prefer. So far our car has been stellar. I would highly recommend it.

Stowable 3rd row. The seats are very bulky for my wife to remove and put back in for various configurations.