Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

If I could only do it all over again!
By sid

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle drives ok but has many flaws, It would be a great vehicle if it were price more in line with the quality. This is a great $25,000 vehicle but is no where near a $50,000 vehicle as sold! I have service lights on that have been on since the day I bought it and neither the dealer or GM could fix or compensate for, Fuel mileage is not only not even close to what was estimated but someone should be ashamed! There is no storage, my 98 Grand Cherokee had much more room after storage! (hard to believe!) Poor tire wear, Air conditioning is intermittent without reason and dont plan on listening to the radio without it running or after 30-45 minutes you will need a jump! I miss my Jeep!

It does have great cup holders and plenty of power points for acc, phones etc. When they work, I like the auto headlights, heated seats and power everything. But my Jeep had that at a fraction of the price! The gps is nice and would be nicer if you didn't have to come to a complete stop to use it!

Without a doubt the price needs to be reduced, The battery life needs attention, the fuel mileage needs to be addressed of properly posted I average 11 city and 14.5 Hwy unless you haul any kind of trailer then your back down to 8-11 mpg depending on the trailer, I got better mileage in the 70's! Hummm

Truth in Mileage
By lostbowl

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After trading in my 99 Yukon for a 2007 Tahoe with the 4-6-8 modulation and flex fuel capable engine I am totally disappointed with the poor fuel economy! After 20 K, on the clock, and living in the country where all the driving is highway the average is 15.2. Much less than the 99 Yukon.

Way to go GM !!!!
By Jamie in SC

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 2nd Tahoe, the 05 Z71 was great at 65K miles but wanted the "new 07 styling". Its been a terrific 4 yrs and 100K miles; dlr maintained, syn oil, a battery and a set of tires later and I am ready to buy another..the experience (s) has been great. A solid 40K has been towing my Porsche race rig all over the USA. I hit "tow-haul" and have watched that engine pull that big rig up the mountains of Pennsylvania etc @ 4500 RPM, on the floor in 2nd gear for miles..time after time, never missing a beat..nary a drop of oil used..truly "like a rock". I have every option, for overall comfort, fit, finish and reliability a GREAT BUY. Way to go GM, my Porsche buds cringe every time I sing your song!

Great intuitive electronics, transmission and ENGINE. Super comfort, power,towing,fit and finish and GOOD LOOKING TO BOOT.

Flat laying rear seats. Bring the leading edge of the dash up into the windshield better.

Very good with minor issues
By n8joes

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

45000 miles and runs great. Excellent road manners for something so large and heavy, fairly comfortable, strong engine, feels solid. Tahoe fully loaded with people / gear and a 4500LB boat attached hardly breaks a sweat on road trips over flat to hilly terrain. Very sure-footed all seasons. Snow and ice no problem even with factory tires close to replacement. GM has closed the gap considerably with foreign automakers with greatly improved interior design and looks, but GM still has work to do as many surface finishes and materials (inside and out) do not do this vehicle justice. 07 Tahoe looks high quality but up close, cost cutting is evident.

Great looking and many great features in LTZ trim. Like the two-zone, three-temp heated seats up front, heated seats back, load leveling rear suspension, great navigation (much easier to use than '05 Toyota navi), information center (tire pressure, oil life, trans temp, etc...)

Need higher quality materials and finishes: Steering wheel, door handles inside and out, exterior emblems / trim, 20" polished wheels blemish and corrode easily. Third-row seats need to fold into floor, why does GM preclude this possibility by staying with a pickup-truck rear suspension?

Sporty Drive
By Patti

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Tahoe and had a GMC Yukon before this one. I love it!

I love the 4 bucket seats.

The leather seats wear out quick on the driver seat and most of all my biggest complaint is the the third row seats that do not automatically fold down. They are very hard to take out and heavy. My previous two tahoes were easier. You would think it would get easier instead of harder.