Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Dissapointed in Quality
By mrsjharb

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car in Sept of 2010. We have only had almost a year and a half. The dash cracked about 6 months after we bought it. It is a 3-4 inch crack on the drivers side behind the steering wheel. Chevy won't replace dash..but from what I have researched it has been a big problem. It costs around $800 to replace. Next... the Hood latch broke for no reason. That was $280 to fix. One of the keyless entry remotes is broken. We are having problems with the lumbar control on the seats. Recently the transmission has started shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd gear. Overall i'm disappointed in quality of GMC product. Expensive car, beautiful car, poorly made!!!

the look. It's a beautiful SUV. Just not good quality and GMC won't stand behind product and fix the crappy cracked dash issues!

5 years later and still love my Tahoe
By mjfhorsey001

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Got the Z71 4WD in fall 2007 and have 80k on it ...great road trip car.
I regularly tow a 2 and 3 horse trailer with 3 horses and a tack room full of stuff and it pulls with ease.
The only thing I have to do is use a anti sway because of the length of the trailer when going on the interstate with the big trucks blowing by.
More for my peace of mind I think.

The only issues I have had are - leak in the rear liftgate, right mirror power fold broke - one new set of tires..still on the initial set of brakes.
Weird thing is the interior is great but the black coating on the controls flakes off on some of the buttons which obscures the little picture.
Not sure what that was about.

Comfortable and spacious seating, dash design, bucket rear seats, electronic liftgate, rear view camera, engine power and reliability, bose sound, towing package.

the black coating on the dash buttons that flakes off...windshield wipers. No matter what kind I buy they press down so hard that they stiffen up or don't wipe on the drivers side very nicely.

Never buying Chevrolet or GM again...
By car_truck_chic

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our Tahoe in 07 with only 20K mi.Got a great deal & were thrilled to have something nice. SUCKERS! We now have 93K mi & pray every day it'd get struck by lightning. We've done all maintenece & we even put in a transmission cooler! *bad alternator + other charging system issues.*transmission rebuild @ 35K miles, at 80K started acting up, I think needs new torque converter since not done when rebuilt but wont pay for it, though under warranty.*started burning oil, after PITA "oil consumption" testing they agreed to install a deflector (have a TB about AFM) & they replaced all the pistons and rings too.*cheap materials, molding faded, door handles peeled, plastic int. pieces have broken.

Good for towing, large cargo area, looks amazing. Unfortunately there is more bad than good with this truck.

*Go back to previous transmission, this one has issues! *Use better quality materials! I got stabbed by a wire protruding from my drivers seat and the door handles peeled and sliced fingers. *Change charging system and alternator - this setup is undersized and poorly programed. *HONOR THE WARRANTY!!!!! My lifetime business WAS worth more than an alternator replacement or transmission fix.... But after my experiences (with more than 4 dealerships across the country and Chevrolet themselves) I will never but anything GM again :-(

Unreliable SUV
By md1735

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Junk, poorly made GM vehicle. Won't buy another after how I was treated by Chevrolet Customer Service.
Said it was all my fault and not a vehicle defects (too many to list)

Tows fine, plenty of room for family as long as they don't go into 3rd row seat. Ride is good.

Quality is gone on this vehicle. Looks don't mean a thing when the vehicle material is designed like it is. $25000 vehicle priced at $41000, rip off. No way a 3 year old vehicle should fall apart and look like its 15. Sad day when a Chev man walks away...

Used to be the best SUV
By catlover

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this new in 07, after having a 2001 suburban for 5 years. Dealership is great and has wonderful service - so NO complaints there. Controls are confusing. Seating very uncomfortable compared to 01 SUV. Now that I have 101K on the Tahoe, it is giving me electrical problems. Thought I would get another 70K out of it, but afraid to keep it much longer before it decides to leave me on the side of the road. Very disappointing...way to go GM, your unions will be the death of you yet..

heated seats, superb sound system. Great power and 21 MPG average..

Fix the electrical problems and provide more comfortable seating for long rides.. The armrest is hard plastic - and hurts your arm..