Used 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Pleasantly impressed with my new Tahoe
By 3rd Platoon

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my '07 Tahoe almost 2 weeks ago and really like it so far. I opted for the leather and rear sensors (LT2 package). The rear sensor is a great addition and well worth the extra cost. The leather is good quality and very comfortable. My buddy has an '04 Tahoe and there is no comparison between our two. The turning radius is just awesome in this thing! I'm also surprised that I've gotten over 15 mgp so far in mostly city driving, all while the engine isn't even broken in yet! I'm really liking my new Tahoe!

Turning radius, comfy interior, very smooth ride, sleek look, safety features, Active Fuel Management, the heads that turn when you pass other vehicles.

The 3rd row seats are easier to move than previous Tahoe models, but they're still a pain. They need to fold flat. The steprail is very slippery when wet and could cause someone to get hurt while stepping out. The glove compartment is very small and just about useless.

It's a summer thing!
By shastashark

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really like this Tahoe. I bought black on black. Black leather interior with black on the outside. It will be hard to keep clean... but when it is it's a very sexy ride! With the 2nd row leather bucket seats it's very roomy on the inside. It looks and feels like a limo! Fuel mileage is not bad, but what do you expect from an SUV at this size. All in all I'm very happy!

Love the sunroof, the navigation system, the Bose speakers, the backup camera, and the 2nd row leather bucket seats. I bought the Z71 package strictly for the brush aluminum interior finish and front grille

More compartment storage space (especially for the change). More storage compartments in the cargo area, and like everyone else says, do something with the 3rd row seats (folding them away).

2007 Tahoe
By Wendy

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drove the Tahoe from GA to NC and it was a very comfortable trip. The gas mileage was surprising to me at 20 mpg on the highway. The steering wheel controls are very easy to use.

Very roomy, stylish, and very comfortable on long trips. Plenty of room for a family of 4 and groceries for a week.

You have to be very short to sit in the 3rd row seat. Not much leg room back there.

Displacement on Demand doesn't save Mileage
By Steve

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Please don't take the MPG ratings on the window sticker as gospel. I believe mine was rated at 17/22. I was averaging 14.5. Never got above 18 MPG even during travel of all highway miles. Other than gas mileage, the truck was well built. They've done a good job with the 07's. This is coming from someone who swore they would never purchase an American car. However, gas was killing me. Just traded for a BMW. Just got 31.7 MPG last week on the highway.

Engine power. Comfortable ride.

Fuel efficiency is terrible. Averaged 14.5 MPG.

Problems within a year
By tahoe07

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had a lot of problems within a year with my 2007 Tahoe. First, was the driver's seat. It happened 3 mos after my purchase. The auto function wouldn't work so I had to bring it to the nearest dealer. Second, on the fifth month, the digital display of my tire pressures wasn't working, again I had to bring it to the dealership. On the 8th month, major problems. My car wouldn't engage to Drive, I had to put it to 2nd gear in order for it to move. It took a week for the dealership to fix the problem. Too many problems with the vehicle, it's been less than a year. Lastly, I average 15mpg.

Exterior body design (front), braking