Used 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Real Nice Ride
By Bob Reeves

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD w/1WT (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thus far it has been a great ride. Overall perforamnce and reliability has been excellent. I have not had to take it in for any issues since I purchased it in Feb. 2006. I am extremely pleased with it.

Leather seats (heated) are a nice plus as are the folding mirrors.

The only suggested inprovement would be to add a few more inches for rear storage. Not looking for a Suburban type vehicle though.

It's not perfect, but it's perfect for me
By dardson

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you absolutely gotta have the room an SUV provides (my job requires it), nothing comes close to Tahoe's bang-for- the-buck. After I negotiated, added the rebate + my 3k in GM Card money, and GM kicked in a $500 gas card, I didn't pay much more than a loaded-up Camry. My Z71 (2wd and yes they started offering 2wd in '06) had one add to the base sticker, XM. The Z71 is basically an LT without the 3rd seat + a few incidentals. I drive it conservatively and get 15+mpg mostly city driving. It does everything about as well as anyone could expect from a tall, 2 ton SUV. So far, it's been as trouble-free as my last 2 Tahoes were.

XM. Mileage (compared to my old Expediton it's an econo-car) Nice ride. Rattle-free interior. Electric folding outside mirrors. Aggressive stance, and relatively small size compared to other SUV's. Value (these trucks come pretty much loaded)

Make it corner like a sports car. Gotta say it will run like crazy in a straight line, but it is not tempting to weave it through traffic

Performance of 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
By KEVIN KILCOYNE

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very reliable, comfortable ride for an SUV. Smooth operation, very good transmission. Very good overall performance, satisfied owner.

Leather interior, comfortable ride with ample power.

More flexible seating arrangements.

Great alternative to the mini-van
By KAD

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the Tahoe to replace the mini- van that finally broke beyond repair. We are a family of 7 and everyone loves the room, ride, and comfort of the Tahoe. I'm getting better gas mileage than anybody I talk to with an equivalent type vehicle.

Ride, power, and comfort...

Interior/exterior styling getting dated, looks like that is addressed with the '07 model.

'06 Tahoe
By Jrr

2006 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck lots of options and fun to drive. We purchased a top of the line LS and still are trying to get all the gadgets figured out.

More back space for cargo without removing 3rd row ,maybe fold flat into floor in future.