Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great SUV
By Phil Moore

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great overall vehicle, very comfortable and fun to drive. Has lots of features and is very well built. It has a great ride and is very stable on the road.

Six disc changer in the dash with XM radio. Stereo and other function buttons on the steering wheel.

I would recommend inproving the steering feel. It's too soft, not enough feedback thru the steering wheel.

Blessed to be driving my Tahoe
By Lovinmytahoe

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have been looking for a vehicle for about 6 months.I previously owned a Chevy Blazer with about 200,000 miles, so we definitely got our money worth.We know we wanted something American Made, so we looked at the Tahoe's & Yukon's. By far the Tahoe is the best out there! We weren't necessarily looking for all the bells and whistles, but we sure found it. We ended up purchasing the LT Autoride fully loaded, and wow, what a GREAT ride! We took my parents (who have always owned Cadillac's) and they said that it rides BETTER than a Cadillac! It is so quiet and smooth, but yet so powerful.

I really like the Autoride, it was explained to us that it uses some kind of air suspension, so that the ride is very smooth and quiet. BOSE radio system is great! Sunroof is a lot of fun! It is very roomy and you really feel safe driving! I absolutely love having OnStar! Love the larger V8

Everyone warned me about getting one due to gas prices, but to me it's well worth it and it's not as bad as they say. My previous vechile was so old that it was not as fuel efficient. If gas is a problem condsider the Flex fuel...that is a great alternative to gas!

Dress It Up!
By 1st Tahoe

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several cars/SUV's in the past. I replaced a BMW 325xi with my Z71. I bought the Tahoe for 31k with 12K miles. Previous owner put 20" rims, dual side exhaust, all window tinted, nav, 6 disc, remote start, xeon lights and high flow air. Stands Out. I tow a 27' powerboat with the truck. Can't even tell it is being pulled. Ride great, handles better than expected. 13.2 mpg average. Driven as primary car in sales job, I use the nav system everyday. Powerseats and adjustments a must! XM radio great for N. MN and NW WI. Have owned 2 Honda Passports, Jeep Wrangler, Pontiac Bonneville, Dodge Durengo, BMW 325 xi, BMW i. Must say the Tahoe is the overall the most fun to drive.

Nav system, xeon lights, high visability, power folding mirrors (car wash and ramps) 3rd row seats and captians chairs. Road trip with playstation on the DVD player makes time fly. Rips through the snow, turn radius better than expected

If it has rained and you open the window you will get wet (water runs off roof and flows onto arm). Need to add window covers to keep rain out. Large gaps between body panels (compaired to bmw's) No option for rear camera on 05's...avalible on 06's. Wished it had overdrive for highway travel.

Great SUV
By 07tahoeguy

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Hands down currently the best overall Full Size SUV on the market today. If you haven't had a test drive yet, get out there. One Warning, if you drive it, you will be sold. GM has stepped it up, Gen 3 is the real deal.

Power, Interior, Look, Feel, Drivablity.

Fold flat 3rd row seating, please!

Finally ... An SUV I Can Enjoy
By pchamp

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a vehicle this large before, but it doesn't drive like a big truck. I find myself actually enjoying road trips with my family of 7.

Unlike most SUV's, you can actually fit people in the 3-rd row.