Used 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great overall Large size SUV
By Michelle

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, the Z71 package gives this vehicle nice curb appeal and I love the Blue Metallic paint, looks blue or teal green depending on how the light hits it. It has the Z71 details that set it apart from the base model Tahoe.

XM radio, OnStar, DVD player & 3rd row seat. Great if you have children or need to transport up to 7 passengers.

Better gas mileage but mine is giving me 14.9 mpg city and 19-21 mpg hwy.

LT tahoe
By 02duty

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 tahoe LT with every possible option (Navi, leather,sunroof,DVD, 5.3 V8,etc). The vehicle runs great but has major flaws. First, the A/C doesn't blow cold when it's hot outside.(Not a dealer fix...it's just horrible) At highway speeds the wind/road noise is unbearable. The seatbelt chime is so loud I can hear it inside my house if the car is in the driveway. The tranny slips once every so often. (Dealer said this is normal?!?) Third row jump seats are too heavy. $49k sticker and no back-up sensors or keyless pad entry?! I'm not a Chevy hater, I've had them before...but give me a break. I needed the room for kids and now I'm suffering. Buy the 07 or buy a toyota sequioa.

Navigation, sunroof, DVD. Nothing ingenius that others don't already have.

Fold flat third row. Better navigation screen with buttons that don't flake off. More horsepower. This thing is gutless.

Tahoe
By Wanda

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far more comfortable than any other SUV that I have driven. I am sure that my next vehicle will be a Tahoe as well. I had test driven quite a few before I settled on this one. I can seat eight people very comfortably.

I really love the heated seats in the winter and all of the climate controls. My son loves being able to plug in to a different station for his favorite music than what I will be listening to. I enjoy the XM satellite.

'05 Tahoe OK
By TahoeOwner

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great utility vehicle. Comfortable to drive, handles well for its size. Gets about 17 MPG in mixed (mostly highway) driving.

Great in snow, and off road conditions. Handles well on higway also.

Interior has some rattles and seems a bit on the cheap side.

A Chevy disappointment
By Johnny B

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ecstatic was my state for the first 4 months of ownership. No accidents. But In the 2 yrs of ownership, Tahoe was shop ridden 3 times for steering column 'lubrication' and twice for electronics defects. Chevy and GMC know about the poorly designed steering column. however, they refuse to replace it instead only temporarily fix with lubrication package and it is underwarranty. So now I am stuck with a $40K quazi-lemon worth only $22k bc of the poorly held value of Chevy. I have grown up a Chevy guy, and still love the power and drive of the '05 Tahoe, but the mechanical problems of this brand new vehicle are a huge dissapointment. Sorry Chevy, but I am going to look at Toyotas.

Ride comfort. 5.3L V8 provides ample power for such a large SUV. Large cargo capacity. Easily removable 3rd row seats.

Mechanical and electronic quality. If I hold onto this SUV past warranty, I feel as though it is going to nickle and dime me to empty pockets for manufacturer defects.